d20 star wars starships of the galaxy question

Aaziroth

First Post
I've been having a debate with a friend on extra armor, he says extra armor replaces original armor, I think it stacks... my reasoning is in some instances especially concerning starfighters, there's little return. Starfighters original armor is DR 5 armor 10, & extra armor for tiny and smaller is DR 5 armor 15 with a -2 pilot check modifier, and all other sized ships have an increase in both DR and armor... if they don't stack, IMO its worthless to buy extra armor for a starfighter. Sure you get 5 extra armor at the cost of -2 piloting checks, but no extra damage reduction compared to larger ships... so, my question is do they stack? And if not, why bother upgrading armor for a starfighter?

2nd question... pros and cons of creating a completely new ship? A friend says that's a dumb idea as no shipyard other than possibly the one that built it could do any repairs on it? Any thoughts?

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Armor doesn't stack as far as I know. You have to remember as you increase your Pilot Skill the -2 penalty is easily overcome.

Fighter = Nimble, hence the reason for pilot checks getting hampered due to more mass.
Put extra armor on your cruiser and it can take a greater pounding.

As far as the second queston it is a dependent.
If you build a prototype and never share the plan, than yes you will run into difficulties. If you create a line of ships and you provide a FSM (Fleet Service Manual), most repairs can be done elsewhere.

Remove ads