Instinct--Terra Nova # 3/Season I 2011

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Instinct

Jim and Taylor find themselves trying to save the colony from attacking pterosaurs. Elisabeth discovers a former boyfriend is also living in Terra Nova and may have been responsible for her being recruited. Skye and Josh spend more time together as she tries to make him feel more comfortable living in Terra Nova. Reynolds begins to look out for Maddy.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They *ahem* parroted The Birds.

Not bad, but there was an element of one of the cardinal sins of American shows of the past 20 years: the "we solved it in one episode" solution. And, of course, the newbies who are the focus of the series still seem to have pretty potent plot protection.

Then again, if you look at the list of the executives attached to the project, none of that should come as a surprise. This is going to be more like Swiss Family Robinson than something like nBSG.

My evil side had to ask why they didn't implement their solution somewhere near "The Sixers"...killing 2 birds with one stone. (So to speak.)

Last edited:

NewJeffCT

First Post
They *ahem* parroted The Birds.

Not bad, but there was an element of one of the cardinal sins of American shows of the past 20 years: the "we solved it in one episode" solution. And, of course, the newbies who are the focus of the series still seem to have pretty potent plot protection.

Then again, if you look at the list of the executives attached to the project, none of that should come as a surprise. This is going to be more like Swiss Family Robinson than something like nBSG.

My evil side had to ask why they didn't implement their solution somewhere near "The Sixers"...killing 2 birds with one stone. (So to speak.)

The Dish Network description listed it as Episode 4 last night - not sure if that was a Dish mistake or if they're already showing the shows out of sequence? (I think last week's preview did preview a different episode) Did they skip over episode 3?

Not a bad episode.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The Dish Network description listed it as Episode 4 last night - not sure if that was a Dish mistake or if they're already showing the shows out of sequence? (I think last week's preview did preview a different episode) Did they skip over episode 3?

Not a bad episode.

Dish error maybe but FOX is known for showing shows out of order.

Dragonwriter

First Post

There was a comment from the female Lt - Wash, I think is her name? Anyway, it was along the same lines, but with the addition of "wish we knew where they hid" or something similar. So it would seem they don't know where the Sixers are, or they would have done so.

Not a bad episode.

The previews last week were for the season, as I recall. They did show some clips from this episode (out in the jungle "What did this?" "It wasn't Sixers." ; little girl getting scared of the pterasaur, hiding under the little sofa) and what looks like next week's episode (the captured dinos, for one).

Terra Nova has my interest for now. We'll see how long it lasts... but seeing as it's one of the rare few halfway-decent sci-fi-esque shows I can get on basic broadcast, I plan to keep watching. Nothing better in the timeslot for me to record anyway.

Crothian

First Post
Ya, so I didn't get it recorded as I was at tthe Blue Jackets game. And it doesn't look like Fox is going to replay the epsidode.

Remove ads