Character Submission Thread

sunshadow21

Explorer
After turning to Excel to the calculating for me, I think I finally found the error. This is one reason I find making a new character at higher level, which is essentially what I was doing with this exercise, tends to be more of a pain than starting at low levels and getting on top of the finances before they become a headache. At least I've learned tricks I can apply to my other characters.

Satin Knights

First Post
A) And it was still off by 25 gp when transferring from excel to the sheet. ;) Luckily, this time it was in the direction that I could just convert it to gold. Fixed.
B) I marked the darkwood bill as only a 25% weight reduction since it is part metal, part wood. I don't think we did a full vote on that issue, but the tendency was leaning that way for any weapon that fit the partial category. You are still under the light weight limit by a couple of pounds, so it is not much of a worry. When you get closer, throw the waterskin into the haversack.

Ausk has been APPROVED as a rewrite character at fifth level. I am moving the old character sheet into the retired category. The Adventures auto page is already picking up the new version. So, you should be all set.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Xerik:
A) Both Reactionary and Resilient are "Combat traits". Since you can only choose one trait from each category, (Combat, Faith, Magic, Social, Equipment), you are going to need to swap one of the traits for another one.
B) I have reformatted a few things to remove scroll bars or to line up pieces.
C) If you start each line with a leading space, you can drop the 'pre' tags and use more html markups like bold and strike. The wiki url tags also function only outside the pre markups. I have put in an example on the weapons block.
D) Even though you don't have ranks in a skill, you get your racial and ability bonuses if the skill can be used untrained. Therefore Appraise goes to 2, Diplomacy to 1, etc. Fixed.
E) Suggestion: Pick up a club or hammer for the times when you have to deal with skeletons that need bludgeoning weapons to be fully effective against them.
F) Suggestion: pick up a sap.
G) And if would be nice if you can find or draw a picture for the character.
H) It looks like you are going as a straight rogue. Many of the archetypes for the rogue look interesting. But, going down the archetype path should be declared at first level, so now is the time to decide if you are interested in any of them. Archetypes are all based on the principle of "give up ability A to get ability K instead." While the Ultimate Combat book hasn't been approved for play yet (only small pieces so far) it is due to be included by default in the next week or two, so look at those pieces as well.

Issue A is the only hold up that needs to be resolved before you can be approved. For first level, it takes two approvals, one of them coming from a judge (I am a judge.), the other can be any player.

Close, but not yet.

Drakhar

First Post
Fixed issue A, changed my equipment some, Looked at Archtypes and chose one that wouldn't cost me my trap dealing capabilities.

Satin Knights

First Post
I added the light mace and sap to the weapon stats section.

Xerik has his first APPROVAL for first level. Any of the players can do the second approval.

He is now ready to walk in the door of The Dunn Wright Inn and introduce himself. It is there that NPCs will come in to hire adventurers. You join a game by GM's invitation/approval and can start the the game before the second character sheet approval is done if need be. But, that approval should be cleared and processed quickly in general. You have hit the timing just right as a new game is opening up.

The Adventures page on the wiki attempts to keep track of which characters are active in each of the various games.

Have fun.

jackslate45

First Post
Reviewing Xerik as well.

Comments:
1: Since you posted in the DWI, I added the link to your first post.
2: Are you going for Power Attack later? I find the fact you have exactly 13 STR interesting.

Otherwise, I see nothing wrong. APPROVED

Drakhar

First Post
If that is LPF-approved I may have to look into it, but in all honesty I have 13 str for a little bit of extra damage, Finesse doesn't change the damage stat after all, and for carrying capacity.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases