Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
A) When I did a Google image search for parade armor, they seemed rather elaborate and metallic. It seemed the best fit for the concept that I could afford.
B) You're right about the gauntlets. Will add them in. There's no listed source I can find for a helmet by itself, either for price or for benefits. I assumed it was cosmetic.
C) Given that one of my characters has hit 4th level without being more than a couple of hours from Venza, I figured I'd leave off travelling supplies until needed. I hate walking around the city with a bedroll and 15 days of rations. Makes me feel stupid.
D) Will do.

EDIT: Waitaminute, on B), I already bought her a cestus. The spiked armor combat entry is for spiked armor, not a spiked gauntlet.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Okay. Well, you pulled up historical parade armor of kings. The pathfinder version is quite different. The example used in the Adventure Armory can be seen on the Andoran - Spirit of Liberty cover. Think more of English Redcoats from the American Revolutionary war. That is where Paizo acquired the idea from. They just changed to blue so as to not confuse people with different time genres.

So, that really doesn't fit with what you wanted for Spike.

A cestus would be fingers exposed spiked gauntlet with just enough material to reinforce the spikes back through the wrist and forearm. It is designed to have a punching weapon, but still be able to grab a pole arm or bow to use as a main weapon. Again, quite useful, but not the totally encased look you seem to be going for with Spike.

And a cestus shouldn't provide the protection from self injury with wielding a chakram in melee that a spiked gauntlet would. So, the spiked gauntlet looks like the path you should be going down.

As to the helm, yeah, there is no explicit cost listed. I kind of expected equipment like that to show in Ultimate Combat, but it didn't. Kalgor paid 2 gp and his weighs 3 lbs. So, you have a precedent example.
[sblock=Example pics]
Spirit_of_Liberty.png

WF2-Hellknight.jpg

[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Okay, a bit of a misunderstanding there, then. I'm going to withdraw Spike until I can get her up a few levels and buy her some platemail with DMCs then.

Satin Knights

First Post
Done.

When editing the Approvals section in Visual mode, to the right, there are the categories that are currently applied. Clicking on the trashcan next to Awaiting Approval will remove it from the category list.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Officially retiring Pari Kalikasan from play and submitting Breninyr Hydref for review.

I'm still plotting Pari's retirement plans. At this point I'm thinking of tying him to a forest area in one of the Baronies, where he'll likely take over care of the area and be hiring adventurers to help from time to time.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Officially retiring Pari Kalikasan from play and submitting Breninyr Hydref for review.
. . . in Breninyr's case, I have a couple issues.
A monk requires dedicated focus and training to do the things he does. A sensei even more so, as he has to analyze the fight, form the strategy in his mind, translate that into what is possible for his ally to do, relay that strategy as a bardic performance and do all that in time for the information to be useful. The art of war is actually a science, not an art.

Worshiping a deity so much that the deity grants you spells to shape and mold the world to its desires requires dedication. Turning to an almighty and saying "I like your ideas, but that one over there has some interesting points too" is not going to get you empowered to change the world.

So, in my opinion, both of his class choices require strict dedication. His back story reads more like "eh, got bored, moved on to something else". (Emphasis mine)

If this is truly the impression you got, then it's because his backstory is poorly worded. In truth, I did struggle with finding the wording for the details. The intention was that his parents put him in the monastery to improve his focus and his ability to defend himself from the bullies and ruffians that were making his life miserable. As he was 13 years old and being bullied daily anything improving his ability to protect himself seemed a good idea to Bren. But as his studies progressed, and as he "grew up," he found that the inward focus on perfection of self emphasized in monastic teachings was not a good "fit" for him. As he was exposed to more learning and as the teachings of the monastery led to him better knowing himself - his spirit, heart, or what-have-you - he discovered his belief that absolute adherence to the law was often not the way he believed the world was best served.

I would argue that this happens all the time, both in RL and in RP. People start their lives training in one profession - often one that requires extensive training and dedication - then find that it's not the joy to them that they thought it would be and then take their lives in a different direction. I've known many people who've almost completed a four year college degree, only to change their major in their senior year to one completely different. They don't forget their prior studies, and indeed these studies often inform and influence their later studies. I was a completely different person - in outlook, physical capabilities, world view, philosophy and belief - when I finished my first four years of college than I was when I entered.

As to Bren's (non)choice of deity: he worships a philosophy. His world-view, outlook and personality are closest to those of Quaren; however, his interest is in improving the stability and security of Irthos as a whole rather than any of it's three deities specifically. Not only is dedication to a philosophy rather than a deity allowed by the rules, if you look closely you'll see that his alignment and domain choices are all actually in line with the worship of Quaren - he could worship that deity with no mechanical changes to his character. I'm not doing any cherry-picking here, I just liked the idea of a more panthiestic priest dedicated to all of his "native" deities and saw no reason to restrict him to just the one.

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I am officially retiring Veniarus Toliar from play, and replacing him with Tonris the Vengeful who is currently awaiting approval.

I am opening Veniarus up for use by the GM's in stories relating to the Harran Forest as that is where I intend to have him retire to. Though in his case the retirement plan is to have him act as sort of a balancing force in the Harran Forest instead of being one of the more evil creatures, he will be trying to help the Harran's people see that there are more peaceful ways to resolve their problems. Or at least that was the adventure hook I thought up for him with relation to his retirement in case people wanted to use him to help them start an adventure with something to do with the Harran Forest.

With relation to Tonris. I know the Judges seem hell bent on not allowing the Dark Tapestry. So in that case I decided to go for something a tad bit different. I justified the taking of a vengeance patron witch by having the characters family have been murdered by someone and then having the player character want to seek vengeance on the murderer. I thought in that case the vengeance patron would be acceptable as in a way that is exactly what the act of vengeance is for.

My only concern with the character of Tonris is that I selected a Familiar that is from a source that I am unsure of whether it is allowed for use in Living Pathfinder. I am hoping that it is allowed as this Familiar is incredibly useful in the sense that it allows for the character to have a significantly boosted Initiative Roll which is extremely important to a character such as this.

Qik

First Post
I know the Judges seem hell bent on not allowing the Dark Tapestry.

I don't mean to pick a fight, but this is an unjust characterization. Voicing one's concerns is extremely distinct from being hell bent on not allowing something. The last time I checked in on that thread, the nature of the discussion there struck me as being firmly in the former category, and not the latter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases