The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Dain squats down and uses his knife to start making marks in the dirt. He draws the outline of Lake Arul, the edge of the Mournlands, the fallen city of Eston in Cyre, and the city of Aruldusk in Thrane. Finally he marks an X just to the south east side of Aruldusk.
He explains that right now the group is in the theocratic nation of Thrane. Not far from here is a large city, nearly on par with Passage of Aundair, but without as much traffic. Along the lake he makes additional marks showing the small fishing villages, garrisons, and other outposts in the area. From his experience in the Mournlands, he wants to enter somewhere near the city of Eston and try to pick up one of the main roads that will help him guide you to your destination. However, the large city to the north presents a problem. An unknown vessel traveling under foreign papers might be stopped or seized if it is spotted so close to a population center. Traveling south will take over a week and while there are fewer large cities there is more time to be detected. Midian brings up the idea of traveling through the water, however it will be difficult to defend the Rumbleball underwater if necessary.

Attachments

• Lake Arul.JPG
    Lake Arul.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Lake Arul 2.JPG
    Lake Arul 2.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 52

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian bites his lip, thinking, then turns to Doral.

"If I provide you transportation, do you think your illusion magics could mask the rumbleball when we came within range of the city?" he asks. "Seems a single horseman, perhaps 'pulling' a cart, might arouse less suspicion if we can manage it."

[sblock=ooc]If we head the faster way north, maybe Doral could glamour / muffle the rumbleball so we'd seem less threatening to anyone who saw us? If he rode Midian in wildshape (with Longstrider if necessary; I can't seem to track down the base speed on the Rumbleball), we should be able to keep a decent pace, yes?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions: Wildshaped (dog)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral ponders for a moment, then says, "I am not sure... this vehicle is large. However, I can try, though each spell I use would only last a few minutes and I can only exert myself in this manner three or four times in a day. I also have magic which radius of effect will silence the rumbleball and can do so more often, but again only for the same sort of duration. If someone is persistent and investigates as we disappear and become silent, they would be able to follow our notable trail regardless of my magics."

OOC: DM, can my 10 foot radius invisibility sphere encompass the entire rumbleball?

Shayuri

First Post
"It's not an elegant way to do it," Whisper notes, "But it could work. Doral stays with the ball and keeps it invisible and quiet. I ride with it, so that if someone gets too interested, I can 'encourage' them to move on."

She looks at Doral. "How long can you maintain the spells? If you use all the power you can to keep them going."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"If I use my powers for no other threat? I can keep it invisible four times a day for up to around seven minutes at a time. I can keep the silence going six times a day for the same duration of time. I am getting better at concentrating, but only by so much. If we are discovered or rediscovered when the duration ends, I will need time to recast. If we need to recast both, I would need to exit the sphere so I could cast the silence effect first and the invisibility upon it after. I would have to cast the invisibility effect before the silence. Finally, without being able to see or hear each other, coordination will be difficult. Attacking with the rumbleball will disrupt the spell and make us visible."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper scowls. "Not ideal. Maybe not workable."

She goes to the giant flail-head-looking-thing and runs a finger over its pitted metal surface.

"I wonder. This is powered by an earth elemental...we've rolled it over the ground, but do you think it might be able to go underneath as well?"

(OOC - Apologies if this was explained IC and I forgot...because...I forgot. :))

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
The rumbleball is air-tight and the air does refresh itself magically, so it could travel under the water.

I'm not sure that invisibility sphere would cover the entire craft. It is large enough to seat your whole party plus storage for your supplies, seats, driving mechanism, etc. I pulled the idea from one of the Eberron books, I think Magic of Eberron or the Explorers handbook. I will have to double check how big it is when I get home tonight. I will also check movement rate, which I think was 40'. I forgot my flash drive with my notes in it at home today.

A horse could easily keep pace with the Rumbleball if you choose to ride Midian.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=OOC]What Whisper is saying is that earth elementals can 'phase' through earth and stone, to travel underground all but unnoticeably. She conjectures that the earth-elemental-propelled rumbleball might be able to do the same...though it's sheer speculation on her part unless we were actually informed it could, which doesn't seem to be the case. :) Thanks for the reminder, Selc![/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

[sblock=ooc]I think the magics binding the earth elemental actually prevent it from earth gliding (to keep it inside the rumbleball), so I don't think it can earth glide. Midian can take the form of a Medium elemental, though, which has a burrow speed of 20'. I'm not sure if he can use that to create a tunnel or not, though.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Well," says Kraken, "Reckon I might be able ot drive this thing right across the bottom of the lake, but there'd be no getting out to shake the snake for anyone. And it'll be darker'n a wraith's dunny down there."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases