The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Damage Inc.

First Post
The man staggers to his feet. His breaths coming in gasps as he clenching his shoulder where a dagger currently protrudes. "Sor...sorry for the intrusion." He says as he gasps for air. "Someone attacked a few cars back." He looks into the hallway and quickly closes the car door. "Would it be ok if I stayed here until I bandage my shoulder?" He asks as he looks over the group. "My name is Dante Moar." Before hearing their answer he grasps the hilt of the dagger, the pain is obvious as he removes it from his shoulder.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian had no particular worries about stowing his weapons with his baggage, as he knew himself capable of presenting natural defenses if necessary. He did keep his dual-natured wand handy, though, and was glad of it as the man with a dagger in him staggered into their cabin. The wand was out before Midian even thought about it, the dagger wound quickly closing with a touch.

"That should help," he says.

"Was it a man in black clothes and a brown cloak who attacked you?" the druid asks, glancing to the door the newcomer just closed. He looks back and catches Whisper's eye as he adds, "I caught sight him leaving the car, but it wasn't the first time I've seen him. He was Jaron's night visitor. His final one."

OOC: I think Whisper's the only other party member who was around when Jaron was murdered. If Doral had joined by that point, just assume Midian catches Doral's eye, too. :)

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Damage Inc.

First Post
Dante sighs with relief as the wound closes and the pain subsides. "Thank you for the healing." Dante smiles as he flashes his wand of cure wounds, then turns to examine his plate mail where the dagger struck.

"Yea, a man in black clothing wearing a brown cloak. Having trouble with him also?"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper gives Midian a nod, her face pensive.

She studies their new passenger with a piercing gaze, taking note of his clothing, equipment, and any visible crests or sigils.

"Any idea who this man is, Dante?" Whisper asks. "Or why he attacked you so...ineffectually? I mean, on board a crowded railcar in broad daylight with a dagger...it doesn't strike me as a seasoned assassin's methods."

Damage Inc.

First Post
"Murdered a friend of yours would be a problem. My sympathies for your lose." Dante bows slightly as the words leave his mouth. "I take it that you don't know who he is seeming how he was just here."

Dante notices the slight nob between the companions. "Like you I don't know who he is and why he attacked me." He pauses for a few moments. "I could have somthing to do with my being summoned to Arcanix. But I don't know why I'm being summoned to begin with. A job maybe."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well now," Whisper replies thoughtfully. "There's food for thought. You were on the train going to Arcanix, responding to a summons. An unknown man who may have killed one of our friends attacks you, driving you into our cabin seeking protection. Tell me...when you look back on the attack, did it seem to you that he was trying to make sure you went here? Did you try to escape in other cabins, or through other doors, only to have him cut you off...yet this one you were allowed to enter? Or perhaps he was on you too persistently, too closely, for you to risk trying to escape until you neared this cabin...and his attack strangely eased in intensity?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Strewth but you think twisty, Whisper," says Kraken with a grin. He sticks his head out of the compartment into the corridor. "Which way did this mongrel go?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Strewth but you think twisty, Whisper," says Kraken with a grin. He sticks his head out of the compartment into the corridor. "Which way did this mongrel go?"

"Ah, but that's why we like her," Midian says with a smile. He points to the end of the car where the man disappeared for Kraken. "He went that way, but I didn't want to go barreling or flying through the halls all alone, especially leaving a wounded man to bleed out."

He turns to Whisper. "So, you think our invites and his aren't coincidental, I take it? Do we think they're fake? Is there some way your magics or Doral's would be able to tell if they were?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Not really," Whisper replied. "The magic to send a message hundreds of miles isn't any harder than the magic to send a person hundreds of miles. But I think the invitations are probably legitimate. It's more likely in my mind that this person...or organization he represents...learned of the summons and seeks to interfere somehow. Exactly how, and why, are hard to speculate on when we don't know why we're being summoned."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases