[LPF] Roaming Dead

jbear

First Post
[sblock=ooc] hehe, Always glad to take one for the crew :D Feel free to call Maui back if you think him unwise or just plain dumb though. He may listen to you if your convincing enough.

But traps still active in a tomb opened from the inside and that a number of dumb zombies have walked mindlessly out of! If the zombies can avoid them, so can Maui! He's not THAT dumb ;P [/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Maui enters the tomb, suddenly he is attacked by a Zombie and 3 skeletons. Being outmatched he runs back outside the Tomb to regroup with his friends with the Zombie and Skeletons hot on his and Taniwha's tails. Once back outside of the Tomb, the Party is easily able to dispatch the Zombie. However as they are distracted by the Zombie, the 3 Skeletons manage to escape into the city.

GM: You gain no Experience for this encounter. This is because you just failed at an attempt to seal the tombs. 2 more failures and then you fail the skill challenge as a whole.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Okay .... I'm not sure I have really understood our purpose here. This seems like you are trying to run some kind of hybrid version of a skill challenge brought over from 4e. Is that the case? So I was meant to say Maui pushes the door shut? I had him go into the tomb to discover the source of what broke out but anyway ...

Maui apologises to the group wondering how he remains alive and not lying in shreds on the tomb floor.

"Te Dead ... they seem like they just want to breathe te fresh air ..."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: That is essentially what we are working at here, though there is precedent for Skill Challenges in the various forms of D&D, Pathfinder, d20, and other RPG's not just D&D 4 edition. So yes, this is essentially a Skill Challenge that we are working with here.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos finds his own attention difficult to focus after the skeletal assault, even after whispering for Issolatha's blessings. He tries again, asking The Lady of Secrets to help him recall his learnings into the ways of underground structures, of which the tomb would seem to be an entrance.

"Perhaps it's best if we can just get the door sealed again, since it looks like all the presence of the living does is attract more of these things?" Eanos offers. He moves forward to Fulgrim and prepares to set his shoulder to the door...

[sblock=ooc]Guidance + Perception; Guidance + Know (Dungeon) (1d20+1=3, 1d20+5=22)

Hosed the Perception, but if there's something Dungeon-y to be realized, that roll should probably be decent.

I don't think there's a specific skill for shoving a door closed, is there? Pathfinder doesn't have Athletics. So are we just piling Strength checks here? Eanos isn't likely to be a lot of help on that one:

Str check. (1d20+1=9)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim nods to Eanos at the suggestion of simply trying to shut the door again to the tomb. "Keepin' da door shut should help us buy time to hunt down da ones dat escaped."

He looks the door over and notes. "Might take a few 'o us to get dis one shut again."

He then moves to put help Eanos push the door to the tomb shut.

[sblock=OOC]
Strength Check -- 1d20+3=10
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe
[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--
Rage: 12/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Seeing Eanos and Fulgrim struggling with the door, Ni rolls up his sleeves and comes over to lend a hand. "Here, fellows, let those of us with true physical gifts lend a hand." The gnome places both hands on the displaced doorway, grunts, and, to everyone's surprise, the door shifts noticeably.

Lu tears itself away from its meal of grass to lend a shoulder.

[sblock=OOC]I love that this is the second time in as many attempts that Ni has beaten Fulgrim on a strength check. ;)[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 8/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 3/3

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 11/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Wanted to XP you, but apparently still haven't 'spread' enough, but: Go little Ni with the Natural 20! lol.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: I would suggest those of you that are going to lend assistance to do so to Ni's roll at this point I am tracking him with at a result of a 21 due to Lu's assistance, unless Fulgrim wants his assist to go to Ni's roll as well?

Remove ads