What would be the best free/shareware to get rpg music cds into my laptop?

camoudragon

First Post
Hy there,

it may sound like a silly question but i am one of those guys who still buys vinyl and cds - there was no real need for mp3.
Over the years i collected a nice pile of cds with music for our d&d session – happy to share the list if someone is interested. Now that i have a new netbook and for the freedom of my fellow gamers i would like to transform them into mp3s. But which software is the best to fullfill this quest? The only feature that comes to my mind, besides easy to handle, that i really need: it should be able to put the same song in different folders – but that might be a standard as i am a total newbie here...
Thanks for your help!

I use Media Monkey for ripping and file management because it has some nice tools for dealing with files en masse: rename entire folders of songs at once, modify IDv3 tags in batches, etc. It also lets you deal with files folders directly (unlike iTunes or other software that only wants to work within its own file interface) so it should have zero problems with having the same song in different folders.

Remove ads