Rules Question: Rhythm Blade Weapon

I don't mind. I'll take the item off my shaman and invoker and leave it on the monk since he gets shield bonus due to shielding ki focus implement

Bad investment of money. :(

Luinnar

First Post
I don't mind. I'll take the item off my shaman and invoker and leave it on the monk since he gets shield bonus due to shielding ki focus implement

Since so far the judges (me and Iron Sky) don't mind it working the way you had it, you don't need to do that :)

Technically it is suppose to work with a shield like KarinsDad said. However I rather my party all have Rhythm Blades then all have Frost Weapons (or whatever that level 8 rare is called) that gives an encounter EONT immobilize blast 3. So there are much much worse things ;)

If you want an officially official version you can start a proposal to make it a house rule.

pathfinderq1

First Post
It seems like a item-set which was designed to work with a particular feat/design choice, which causes issues when used outside that situation. Specifically, it looks like it is designed to be used with Two-Weapon Defense feat, which provides a shield bonus- doesn't work so clearly when you don't have that feat.

Since so far the judges (me and Iron Sky) don't mind it working the way you had it, you don't need to do that :)

Technically it is suppose to work with a shield like KarinsDad said. However I rather my party all have Rhythm Blades then all have Frost Weapons (or whatever that level 8 rare is called) that gives an encounter EONT immobilize blast 3. So there are much much worse things ;)

If you want an officially official version you can start a proposal to make it a house rule.

Thanks, but that just calls for hundreds of similar little tweaks and house rules that will become nightmare to maintain.

And I believe living worlds philosophy is house ruling at minimum.

CaBaNa

First Post
Then I made a proposal, located here

I believe it will spark some conversation more than create a new rule. Somewhere, there is a rule about zero existing, just can't think of it off the top of my head.

WEContact

First Post

I think the rule should stay as is, but you should be allowed to sell your Rhythm Blades at full price.

There's really no point in a Houserulrle when you can just an offhand Shielding Blade.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases