GURPS Dungeon Fantasy adventure module

Argyle King

Legend
but to play GURPS Dungeon Fantasy I'd need the 4e core books
03.jpg
14.jpg

6.jpg
jh3.jpg

I think so. I've heard some people claim they are able to get by with GURPS Lite (which is free,) but I think there are some advantages and disadvantages listed in DF which Lite doesn't contain.

Most products key off of what is already possible with the Basic Set.

Argyle King

Legend
Looking at this again, something struck me.

"...Peter V. Dell'Orto and I are working on something else that's a little further out."

I'm curious if some sort of generic setting for the DF line is in the works. I'd love to see something in the vein of the old Greyhawk Gazetteer produced with the quality of research and consistency of SJ Games products. There have been attempts at improving the GURPS artwork quality with some of the later DF booklets; a setting booklet would be a great opportunity to show off a new art direction.

A hardback volume which collects all of the DF stuff into one book would be nice too.

Either way, I find it exciting.

Argyle King

Legend
More interesting news...

Daily Illuminator: GURPS And The Coming Apocalypse

As an outsider looking in, it seems as though some of the GURPS gears are still turning and chugging along. With all of the doomsday speech being tossed around about the rpg hobby, it's nice to see some indication of progress. It seems as though every time I check the Illuminator lately that I see something new or hints toward more items coming soon.

I started this thread about Dungeon Fantasy, and that link contains more information about future DF products, but it's also nice to see some work being put into GURPS as a whole. I'm curious to see where all of this is going. Again; as an outsider looking in, it seems as though some of the GURPS gears are turning; some of them more than I expected.

"Then there are the deep secrets about which I'm reluctant to give away even as much as "it's a series." One of these, for instance, will have "GURPS" in the title but not in its customary place at the start of the title." - quoted from the link

I'm only guessing, but that seems to indicate a 'powered by GURPS' set of books. Discworld was already announced and made public, so it wouldn't make sense to tip-toe around that with hints. I'm curious if SJ Games has acquired a license for something. George R. R. Martin has recently professed his love for the system, so Game of Thrones, maybe? Munchkin has a Conan set scheduled for release, so perhaps a GURPS supplement as well... ?

any thoughts?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases