Chronicle (trailer)

CrimsonReaver

First Post
I seriously freakin' loathe the whole "found footage" genre of films, but I really like where this one seems to be going, the story it's telling.

One of my favorite moments from X-Men 2 was the scene on Bobby's porch with the police, where Pyro just lets loose. Tired of hiding, frustrated by not being allowed to exercise his abilities, sick of being pushed around and persecuted...he just goes for it, unleashing his powers with wanton abandon. And you can tell from his face, for the first time he's getting a taste of just how powerful he is, of what he could do, what he could become if he really embraced his abilities, exercising them, aspiring and pushing himself to greater heights. That's the vibe I get from the Chronicle trailer. It's what we should have seen in the Star Wars prequels.

I just hope it's not handled in a sloppy, lazy, ham-fisted manner.

Crothian

First Post
It could be good, but I'm not expecting it to be. If the producers had more faith in the movie it would be released in the summer.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Sadly, if anyone actually got powers like this, this is the kind of stupid, idiotic, moronic stuff they'd do with it. Forget super heroes, 99.9% of people would end up being super jerks.

One day, there's going to be a button, and someone like me is gonna push it.

CrimsonReaver

First Post
It could be good, but I'm not expecting it to be. If the producers had more faith in the movie it would be released in the summer.

Um. Have you seen the list of stuff that's coming out this summer? I don't think it speaks to the quality of Chronicle that they don't want to put it in the middle of all those blockbuster movies - especially comic book movies like The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and The Amazing Spider-man. I mean, Chronicle stars a bunch of unknowns (at least, unknown to me) and was made with a budget of something like $15 million. Regardless of how good it may be, there's no way it wouldn't get lost in the summer shuffle.

Crothian

First Post
Um. Have you seen the list of stuff that's coming out this summer? I don't think it speaks to the quality of Chronicle that they don't want to put it in the middle of all those blockbuster movies - especially comic book movies like The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and The Amazing Spider-man. I mean, Chronicle stars a bunch of unknowns (at least, unknown to me) and was made with a budget of something like $15 million. Regardless of how good it may be, there's no way it wouldn't get lost in the summer shuffle.

There are always weekends that they could fit in this kind of movie and there will be plenty of other movie besides those big budget blockbusters that come out this summer. Movies that are not expecting a big audience or the producers don't really know what they have get released in January and February. There are some exceptions of course but it has to be a good 90% or more during this time just are not that good of this kind.

Crothian

First Post
Sadly, if anyone actually got powers like this, this is the kind of stupid, idiotic, moronic stuff they'd do with it. Forget super heroes, 99.9% of people would end up being super jerks.

That's why there are always villains with super powers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases