Monster Stand-Ins (plastic-card minis) Kickstarter Update

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
UPDATE
I've made a couple of significant improvements to this project (mostly based on an earlier thread here, but I didn't was to resurrect it) that I think you'd like to know about:
-It is now 200 plastic card miniatures. (Previously it was 160.)
-If you pledge for one complete physical set $30, you can get extras basically a-la-carte for $.50 extra for 8 small creatures or 4 mediums or 2 larges or 1 huge. See the project page and latest update for details.
-Also note if you pledge for a physical set, you'll get a pdf free. (That had always been the case... but if you only want the pdf, it is $10.)

inuse2b.jpg

SUMMARY (In case this is the first you're seeing the project.)
Monster Stand-Ins are a set of plastic card (same thickness as most credit cards) miniatures of creatures for role-playing games or war games or board games. Use them when you don't have enough miniatures or don't have the right miniature.
The plastic makes them much more durable than home-printed minis or even cardboard minis. You can freely write on them with a dry/wet erase marker so you may note the creature's armor class and hit points (or hits taken if the GM doesn't want to tell the players the starting hit points.) Writing the hits taken, special conditions, or even "Kobold #12" makes tracking which creature is which and which has been hit much easier.

I'm very happy with the art. Here is a sample (these were done to fit, not necessarily to scale):
amalgamation.jpg

If you've got other feedback, suggestions for improvement, etc., please post it here or there. Thanks!

Remove ads