Essential classes, non essential paragons

Layander

First Post
I do not know how to mix a essential class with a non essential paragon, do you stop using the slayer advancement at level 10and start using the fighter aedu method? Thank you again for answering all of my 4 e questions.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
An Essentials class can take any paragon path it qualifies for.

Look carefully at the abilities the slayer gets at Paragon. Some of those are for its native paragon path, Mythic Slayer, and others are for the class itself.

Specifically, the slayer's abilities that it gets regardless of paragon path are:

Improved Power Strike at 13

Paragon Slayer at 15

Relentless Advance at 16

Extra Stance at 17

Armored Mobility at 19

Brad

fba827

Adventurer
cignus_pfaccari has it right.

You still get slayer advancement. Just, if you look at the progression in Heroes of the Forgotten Lands for a slayer, you'll notice at level 11, 12, and 16 there are several features that say are for 'paragon path' features (in the chart they are identified as 'mythic slayer features' and in the description detail, it says mythic slayer paragon path feature. Those mythic slayer paragon path features get replaced with the features from whatever paragon path you choose. (typically, we're talking an action point benefit at 11th level, a feature at 11th level, an encounter power at 11th level, a utility power at12th level, and a daily power at 16th level)

the other slayer features at level 13, 15, etc that aren't labeled as 'mythic slayer paragon path features' still accrue.

Handily, the Character Builder will make sure everything comes out alright. I definitely prefer using it to flipping through the books trying to figure out what goes with what.

MrBeens

First Post
As others have said, a paragon path doesn't alter the base class in any way.
The paragon path gives you a power at 11, 12 and 20, and one or more other features at 11 and 16.

Tony Vargas

Legend
You continue the Slayer progression, removing all the 'Mythic Slayer' features and replacing them with those of the Paragon Path. Be aware that a Fighter Paragon Path my well build on Fighter features or complement fighter powers that the Slayer lacks, and may have such as pre-requisites, preventing the Slayer from qualifying for the PP.

Remove ads