[LPF]Run Away





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 217

Thread: [LPF]Run Away

  1. #1

    [LPF]Run Away

    DM: Jackslate45
    Judge: GlassEye

    A short adventure for levels 1-2.

    Start Date: 1/22/2012
    End Date: 4/8/2012

    Players:
    Xerik
    Level 1 - January 22- April 8th (0 starting xp + 240 encounter xp + 539 time xp = 779 xp)
    Gold: 320 Treasure + 462 Time GP = 782 gp


    Thiera
    Level 1 - January 22- April 8th (0 starting xp + 240 encounter xp + 539 time xp = 779 xp)
    Gold: 320 Treasure + 462 Time GP = 782 gp

    Thuvian Darklight
    Level 2 - January 22 - April 8th (1680 starting xp + 240 encounter xp + 847 time xp = 2767 xp)
    Gold: 320 Treasure + 847 Time GP = 1167 gp


    Arianna
    Level 2 - January 23 - February 9th (3111 starting xp + 0 encounter xp + 198 time xp = 3309 xp)
    Level 3 - February 9th - March 4th (3309 starting xp + 120 encounter xp + 360 time xp = 3789 xp)
    Level 3 - March 4th - April 8th(3789 starting xp + 120 encounter xp + 525 time xp = 4434 xp)
    Gold: 320 Treasure + 1201 Time GP = 1521 gp

    Nimientioquijuil
    Level 2 - January 23 - February 29th (2886 starting xp + 0 encounter xp + 418 time xp = 3304 xp)
    Level 3 - February 29th - March 4th (3304 starting xp + 120 encounter xp + 60 time xp = 3484 xp)
    Level 3 - March 4th - April 8th(3484 starting xp + 120 encounter xp + 525 time xp = 4434 xp)
    Gold: 320 Treasure + 1081 Time GP = 1401 gp


    Loot

    Mission: Start!
    5 vials of Acid - 50 gp
    Advance Pay - 250 gp

    Dead Man's loot:
    Waterproof sack: worthless
    Masterwork dagger - 302 gp
    Ruby - 50 gp
    Coins - 8 gp
    wand of comprehend languages (6 charges) - 90
    Knowledge Dungeoning book - 50 gp

    Final payout:
    Spot's Collar - 800 gp



    Adventure Rules
    * I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

    * Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will using my own methods for rolling in order to keep secret rolls properly secret.

    * Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

    * If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so at the end of an encounter. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

    * All characters need an appropriate character picture. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post during a fight.

    * Most important of all, have fun!



    Example Mini-stats block:
    Mini Stats

    Ariel Esimae
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 9 Current: 9
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
    +1 for all with Resistance
    Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

    Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
    Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
    Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW
    Last edited by jackslate45; Monday, 9th April, 2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: XP Update

 

  • #2

    Dellrian Thankirk, NPC

    Dellrian rises to shake Xerik's hand, if offered to him. He offers it also to Thiera, but is promptly refused. He smiles anyway and gestures towards the two seats in front of him, saying "Well met Xerik, Thiera. Straight to business? Well I appreciate the enthusiasm, have a drink on my behalf. I will explain everything once you have something. I find that moving straight to business leaves an unpleasant taste in your food. Speaking of which..."

    The plate of frog leg soup he ordered was just brought over. He looks excitedly at in and says "Let me tell you a little about myself first. My name is Dellrian Thankirk, financial advisor for the Lower Guild in the Ranocchio district of Venza. My job is to ensure that we have the resources to obtain the food and equipment that we need. This is no easy task, I assure you, if you are at all familiar with our city. However, as I do not recognize your faces, I assume that you are new to town?"

    He smiles equally at Xerik and Thiera, awaiting their response.
    Last edited by jackslate45; Monday, 23rd January, 2012 at 04:44 AM.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pincourt
    Posts
    294

    Ignore Drakhar
    "I'm from Ranocchio myself, but if I have it my way I won't be for long."Xerik takes a seat across from the man, but also where he can see the majority of the inn and the woman who seemed interested in the job as well. He accepted the drink, however he didn't immediately drink any of it, instead choosing to nurse the drink and keep his wits about himself.

  • #4
    A third tiefling wearing dark and simple clothing walks over to the table carrying a small plate with some breakfast scraps. Setting the plate down on the floor in the corner, he sits down as a snake slithers out of one of his pockets down to the plate where she starts to eat in the relative privacy of the corner. "Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear that you may have work. I am Thuvian Darklight, and my talents may be useful for whatever endeavor you may have that requires attention."

  • #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    mazzoli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    247

    Ignore mazzoli
    Thiera guardedly answers, "I've spent some time in the city, but I'm not familiar with Ranocchio."

    She sits at the table and accepts the offered drink, but decides to merely hold it as she's already had two. Her other hand drifts down under the table, coming to rest on the hilt of her dagger. She gives the three men at the table a quick once over for hidden weapons and threatening body language, not particularly thrilled at needing to deal with other tieflings. She decides that there's no real threat, and relaxes a bit to listen to Dellrian's offer.

  • #6
    Before Dellrian could reply to Thuvian's introduction, and Thiera's and Xerik's statements, two other newcomers came over to the table.

    The first is a fish-like creature, with flippers. She brings over a heavy chair and after sitting down, says, Marla says you are in need. Tell me what Tanager and I can do for you. I have worked with this one" nodding to Thuvian, "and the purple one at the bar before."

    The purple one also made his way over to the table and perches himself on an empty chair.

    "Aye, we've worked together before, her and I and her living-suit-companion. She's got some fancy stuff, that Arianna; she's got some maneuvers, hurr aye. So what are you gentleman talking about over here, anyway?"

    Dellrian stands up to shake the hands/flippers of the new people. He is a little surprised at the purple one's words. "Living suit companion? How does that work?" he wonders in earnest. "You will have to fill me in how that works. Since you know Thuvian , allow me to introduce the other two."

    Indicating
    Xerik first Dellrian says "Xeric, from the Ranocchio district. No doubt attempting to follow some of the successful stories of rags to riches you hear from the Ranocchio district in this bar. And " gesturing to the female tiefling "Thiera. By the sounds of it, quite the wanderer. So, can you three tell me a little more about your story?" Dellrian says, smiling serenly up at the two newcomers and Thuvian.
    Last edited by jackslate45; Tuesday, 24th January, 2012 at 03:59 AM.

  • #7
    "I am a simple student of the arcane who finds his studies interrupted from time to time with the necessity of paying bills. How does your 'living skin' fare, my dear lady? Have you have been allowing it to tear things apart sufficiently to please it?" Thuvain speaks quietly as others come to join the discussion.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni smiles his disproportionately large smile as he extends his small hand to the three tieflings. "Names Ni. Well, it's Nimientioquijuil, really, but that's a mouthful, well, not for me, really, it's just another word to me, and, urm, not really to other gnomes, either, most gnomes don't mind saying it all - "Nimientioquijuil," just sort of rolls off the tongue - well, the gnomish tongue, anyway, anyway, feel free to just stick with "Ni," or you can choose another syllable if you like, all of 'em are equally representative."

    The gnome pauses here; something tells you that this is an averaged-sized sentence for Ni. "Anyway, name's Ni; I'm from an island to the north, Illi Esse, perhaps you've heard of it? Probably not. Anyway, 'Ni,' and I'm here because...because..." The gnome shifts a bit, as though he hadn't really thought of his reason for being here. "Well, because I'm curious."

    He looks at their host, Dellrian. "Speaking of curious, sir, I am, in fact, curious as to why you all are gathering here?" Ni's smile is, well, curious.

    OOC: Glad to be aboard; thanks for having me! Looking forward to it, All.
    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4
    Perception: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells:
    - 0: Infinite
    - 1: 3/3

    Eidolon: Unsummoned
    HP:11/11
    Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +3, 1d6+2
    - 2 Claws:
    +3, 1d4+2
    Last edited by Qik; Tuesday, 24th January, 2012 at 05:07 AM.

  • #9

    Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1/Cleric of Tanager 1)

    Arianna extends an iridescent scaled blue claw to shake the hand of the host. After sitting down, a deep gravelly male voice, quite different from the melodic female heard before, groans "Hmmph, if you don't need me now, I shall retire until called again." With a snap of her fingers, the blue scales ripple and recede into a wisp of smoke.

    Left behind is a young mermaid
    in a white silk blouse and leather skirt, wearing nice jewelry, lounging in a chair that appropriately fits her new form. "My skin and legs, well, we shall just say he is a visitor. He, I... well, we share the combat duties, while I do the spell slinging. We have been having fun. The town guards were having trouble dealing with an outbreak of wandering bones. So, he" pointing to the purple gnome, "and we spent a little time crushing bones and then putting them back in their, what's the word, ah coffins. Never did find out what woke them up."

    Marla delivers the mermaid's order of fruits and cheeses along with a pitcher of wine. Pouring one tall glass, she hands it to the lady of the sea. "Thank you dear." as she gives her several gold coins. Arianna, waiving her hand, "Please, enjoy."

    (after Ni's intro)
    "Ahhhh... So all gnomes don't worry and protect their names. One I met once did. He was very protective of it. Yes he was. But, since he paid well, he can keep his name."


  • #10
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pincourt
    Posts
    294

    Ignore Drakhar
    Xerik remains quiet, observing each newcomer carefully. Listening to each of them introduce themselves, he turns his attention to their prospective employer when he realizes that the half-elf has yet to actually inform them just what it is he is in need of aid with, despite having been asked by each member of the group so far. Leaning back in his seat he takes a sip of his drink, still paying attention to the conversation forming at the table, but also as to the goings on around the room.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •