[LPF]Run Away

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I tend to prefer a darker environment myself; many of my abilities tend to lean in that direction, and it's easier to play with people's minds when they can't fully rely on their eyes."

Satin Knights

First Post
"I don't use my toes to fight. I poke things with a spear while getting to them, and then shred them with my claws. Unless they are a long ways away, in which case I shoot them with the spear gun. I can see shapes just fine in the dark. Colors tend to all slide into grey, but shapes are just fine."

"Of course I will fight up front."

Qik

First Post
"I tend to prefer a darker environment myself; many of my abilities tend to lean in that direction, and it's easier to play with people's minds when they can't fully rely on their eyes."

Ni wiggles his fingers dramatically. "Oooo! Scary...I need to come up with a line like that."

He picks up a handful of dirt and observes it thoughtfully as it transmutes before his eyes into a half a dozen inch worms; he frowns. "Hmm...not much to be scared about when it comes to bringing the life out of things. Maybe I need to start adding shadows or evil-looking colors or something."

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 3/3

Eidolon: Summoned
HP:11/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

Drakhar

First Post
"Alright then, Lu and Miss Arianna will take the lead, and should it come to a fight, will hopefully be able to keep them occupied enough for us to deal with the threat in our own ways, either by skulking around the edges looking for the appropriate moment to strike, making them into a walking pincushion as Thiera seems want to do, or using some form of magic as...well the rest of you seem to lean towards. With any luck the smell won't be an issue, hopefully Spot won't be that difficult to find down there and we can enjoy some easy gold." Xerik nods to himself, pleased with the groups dynamic as he draws his rapier, as it is better to be prepared for a fight and not need to be then other wise.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Xerik
Initiative: +6
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Rapier
[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Why must you associate shadows or specific colors with evil or similarly with and light with good? All you are doing when you do so is blind yourself to the objective truth about each condition, each of which has strengths, and each of which has weaknesses." Thuvian speaks quietly, genuinely puzzled at the gnome's comment.

Qik

First Post
Ni seems quite surprised that his endless stream-of-consciousness verbiage is suddenly being taken for more than a grain of salt. For once, the gnome seems uncertain of what to say, as he attempts to regain his mental footing.

"I...I...I am simply talking about ambiance, Herr Thuvian. Do not mistake how I take things with how I perceive others to take things. I mean, here I am, walking with three who have the Blood of the Negative, in the most objective sense possible, running through their veins, and I've been nothing but friendly to all of you!" The gnome seems quite flustered, as though the last thing he ever expected to be accused of was a narrow perspective.

He turns to Arianna. "And you, Mademoiselle Arianna, I am surprised at you. If there's one person I've met since coming to the Eastern Continent who I would have thought would know better than to judge a book by its cover, it's yourself. I am not the naive being your comments would suggest you think I am."

The gnome seems equal parts indignant, shocked, and betrayed. He huffily turns away from the pair, clearly hurt, and begins to distract himself by animating small stones and other objects temporarily into life as the group continues on their trek to the sewers.

mazzoli

First Post
"It would appear that you have managed to offend our littlest comrade. I'm not much use at clearing up situations like this myself, but I would suggest that you do something to make up for it. I'm not the type of person who likes division in the group that is meant to be watching my back, and I believe you to be intelligent enough to see the wisdom in my point of view."

Thiera turns to the gnome and says matter-of-factly, "I, for one, can appreciate your concern for the aesthetics of your craft and don't think you're amiss for playing to the prejudices of your audience, whether those prejudices are warranted or not." After saying this her voice gets steely, "However, I would thank you to refrain from mentioning my heritage again. I do not think I should be beholden for the actions of the parents I have never known."

She seems surprised at having said so much at a stretch, and continues stolidly with the rest of the party.

Satin Knights

First Post
"But I have to judge a book by its cover! Nobody has taught me yet what the squiggles on the inside mean." Chucking, "And if I don't judge it and sell it, the next time I hit the water, it turns into minnow food. Such fragile things books are. At least glass will hold its own against water if you move it slowly."

Smiling at the gnome, "I haven't faced dragons. You are young like me, in your twenties. I assumed you had not either. It was just an example that danger comes in any color."

Qik

First Post
"However, I would thank you to refrain from mentioning my heritage again. I do not think I should be beholden for the actions of the parents I have never known."

The gnome grows indignant. "I wasn't beholding no-being to no-thing. All I did was refer to your heritage, without judgment. Where I come from, those born with heritage from the Negative Plane are indeed judged based upon their own merits, and I will happily-go-merrily judge you upon the same."

"But I have to judge a book by its cover! Nobody has taught me yet what the squiggles on the inside mean." Chucking, "And if I don't judge it and sell it, the next time I hit the water, it turns into minnow food. Such fragile things books are. At least glass will hold its own against water if you move it slowly."

Smiling at the gnome, "I haven't faced dragons. You are young like me, in your twenties. I assumed you had not either. It was just an example that danger comes in any color."

Ni does not return Arianna's smile, and at the mention of his age, his indignant resolve turns into out-and-out exasperation. "TWENTIES!? I am not a child, Mademoiselle Arianna. I am in my sixties."

With that, the gnome turns back to keeping himself preoccupied. Lu gives him a nuzzle of encouragement.

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 3/3

Eidolon: Summoned