Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
My idea for "boons" given to each of the PCs follows:

Turthain and Revein studied together under the same mentor, the great Elven Wizard Pelearnim of the Periapt, who was known to some as Pelearnim the Pernicious [deadly] because of his facility with destructive spells. Pelearnim took great favor upon our two aspiring Magic Users, and gave them each a portfolio of additional spells. They may each choose another first level attack spell, and there are more spells in each portfolio, but try as they might, they can't make heads or tails of them.

Odo was given by his mentor six blocks of magical incense: burning one and breathing deeply of the smoke will permit a cleric to regain a day's spell ability in one hour. He encouraged Odo to use these blocks sparingly and make them last for as long as he can, for there is no telling when or even if he might find their like again.

Shiyana was given by her mentor a magical compass that shows the direction to whatever the holder wishes to find, but will not function for purely greedy purposes. [D&D magic GPS] The compass also detects enemies as a Wand of Enemy Detection, but it doesn't have charges, it continually functions, and has a dial that adjusts the range of detection from 30-210 feet in 30' increments.

And, last but not least, Camlin the Running Ranger was given by his mentor a magic longsword. (Just +1 as far as he yet knows. ;) )

FOR THESE GIFTS, THE PCS EACH RECEIVE A TOTAL OF 750 X.P. So there's a good healthy head start on Level 2.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post

Turthain and Revein studied together under the same mentor, the great Elven Wizard Pelearnim of the Periapt, who was known to some as Pelearnim the Pernicious [deadly] because of his facility with destructive spells. Pelearnim took great favor upon our two aspiring Magic Users, and gave them each a portfolio of additional spells. They may each choose another first level attack spell, and there are more spells in each portfolio, but try as they might, they can't make heads or tails of them.

YAY! SUCK ON MAGIC MISSILE, ORC SCUM! :)

Actually, on second thought, Turthain will take SLEEP.

Leif

Adventurer
YAY! SUCK ON MAGIC MISSILE, ORC SCUM! :)

Actually, on second thought, Turthain will take SLEEP.
You only quoted the portion of the post specifically about Turthain, so I must ask whether you saw the XP award for everyone at the end?

Leif

Adventurer
Also, our Magic Users may want to change their prepared spells for the day, since they just got to choose an additional attack spell each! I mean, Spider Climb and Charm Person are nice spells and all, but......

This is exactly why I wanted to get this done before you got into a melee scrape! Well, this and Cam's magic sword.

Rhun

First Post
Also, our Magic Users may want to change their prepared spells for the day, since they just got to choose an additional attack spell each! I mean, Spider Climb and Charm Person are nice spells and all, but......

This is exactly why I wanted to get this done before you got into a melee scrape! Well, this and Cam's magic sword.

Yes, Turthain will swap Spider Climb (which he would have prepared, if he didn't know sleep) for Sleep.

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Odo was given by his mentor six blocks of magical incense: burning one and breathing deeply of the smoke will permit a cleric to regain a day's spell ability in one hour. He encouraged Odo to use these blocks sparingly and make them last for as long as he can, for there is no telling when or even if he might find their like again.

FOR THESE GIFTS, THE PCS EACH RECEIVE A TOTAL OF 750 X.P. So there's a good healthy head start on Level 2.

Very cool! I like.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic

-snip- cool stuff for Turthain and Revein -/snip-

-snip- cool stuff for Odo -/snip-

Shiyana was given by her mentor a magical compass that shows the direction to whatever the holder wishes to find, but will not function for purely greedy purposes. [D&D magic GPS] The compass also detects enemies as a Wand of Enemy Detection, but it doesn't have charges, it continually functions, and has a dial that adjusts the range of detection from 30-210 feet in 30' increments.

-snip- cool stuff for "Camlin the Running Ranger" [heh] -/snip-

Shweeeeet. Many thanks Leif. Good stuff!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases