[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=ooc]@jackslate45 , I'm not entirely sure how that might work, in that Malkovian's sort of a familiar and bonded item in one, though I don't see anything massively game breaking about the casting. The major issue for Anaerion, though, is that even with Extend spell applied, Comprehend Languages won't even last half the night (2 hours out of 8).

Anaerion has the other book for Malkovian to read, but he's had it for about a week, so he's dangerously close to Cranky Amulet. ;) [/sblock]
I figured as much. But without a trip to the Mystic Pearl/ additional books that we find I'm a little SOL right now I was hoping to find something at Have's with him being a historian, but I did not notice anything I could use.

I was planning on Mal being grumpy due to his favorite girl missing. Now I can make him down right stubborn. ;)

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk takes his key, stows his stuff in his room, and retires to the common room for a late meal, realizing that he had been a bit neglectful of Alf in all of this. His weasel eagerly snaps up the offered food before once more falling asleep. Once his pet's and his own appetite is sated, he returns to his room where he takes off his armor and weapons, but does not go to bed. He instead sets about meditating and focusing on lessons the voices inside his head have suggested would help him blend the powers of his magic and his martial training into one unified whole. He doesn't go to sleep as much as he drifts off slowly, getting lost in his own thoughts to the point his body stops moving. The sparseness of the room, far from bothering him, actually helps, and is still better than most of the places he has had the privilege of sleeping throughout his adult life.

Morning finds him in the common room, stoic as ever, dressed and ready to go. He is already enjoying his breakfast when the others enter, seemingly being true to his word that he wasn't all that concerned about sleep. When they enter, he looks up, nods, and returns to the antics of his weasel, who seems to be trying to communicate something, but precisely what is unclear.

[sblock=ooc]I can't wait to level Ausk. This will be the level I've been waiting for, as I am able to finally make Alf a familiar and enter the prestige class he's been working toward. Should be fun to play out.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The bed wasn't great, but at least it was dry. After calling forth Gragnor, Kalgor feeds him the last of the restorative potions the party had. Hopefully, selling off the stuff Hyve had will allow him to get a couple more. Going down stairs to the common room, Kalgor sits with his spellbook and one of the scrolls while breakfast cooks. Of all the scrolls he had purchased, learning this spell will give him the greatest relief. Being successful, he memorizes his other few mage spells to prepare for the day ahead.
[sblock=actions]Try to add Umbrella to his spell book[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]
Kalgor AC 16 HP 39/54, Init +2, Perception +9/+11 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 20
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 1/1 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Mage Armor*(3h), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
1 of 2 scrolls of Umbrella (1 successfully used), 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge

Effects:

Gragnor HP: 23/26, AC 21 ..... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3 (+7 to hit while poisoned, d3-1 damage)
Fort +3-1, Reflex +7, Will +1, CMB +2-1, CMD 16-1, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +22, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: 11-3 STR, 11-2 CON
+3 base Fort -2 Con +1 Surge +5 antitoxin = +7 vs DC 13
Final result CON 11-3=8, STR 11-2=9[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
When Anaerion woke the rest morning, he stretched widely, and pulled out his spell book to start reading. As he started looking over which spells he was going to learn that day. When he was almost done, Anaerion noticed a strange silence in the room that is normally filled by his chatty friend. In soft Elven the mage talks to his "soul" "You Ok Malkovian? You seem quiet today." The "soul" says in elven "OK? I just read the same passage 3 times, since someone failed to find me a new book, or even let me ready the new one he found. However, someone can now read it with regular means, something I still lack. But no, I'm ok. The question is...are you?"

Oh shi... Anaerion immediately felt the tug of the amulet, even from across the room, as Malkovian's immediate displeasure threated to over take him.

"I am sorry, but considering we found nothing you could read, the most I could last night was only for a couple hours..." "Then maybe I will give you only a couple hours of assistance? How am I to learn about this world when the person I'm assigned to cannot let me learn? Or, you could have woken up to charge me up every couple hours?"

Anaerion tried to explain more to his new companion, but Malkovian was not hearing it. Not risking having to wait more times, Anaerion secretly hoped there would be no issues today, and that he had time to swing by either the Pearl to pick up more books, or find more research along the way that Malkovian would be interested in reading.
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (8/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian: Is Temperamental. Does not gain access to the following abilities.

Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2, Fly
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
As the party finishes their preparation for the day, the front door of Mirtev Spat opens with a creak of old hinges and the wet rush of wind from the morning spatter of rain. Rylidak clanks her way inside, black plate armor inexplicably spotless despite the seeming ever-present muck of the Kopec. She doesn't even acknowledge the mewling, emaciated elf attending the front desk this morning. In fact, the frown set in her face so unnerves the poor soul that he retreats to the back office as the half-orc makes her way to your table.

"I was able to have a Crow patrol clear out the old church last night in the brief calm point," she announces, "And a lucky thing, too. They'd barely made it out when the entire building collapsed from within. You may have heard the crash as it happened. They had the sense, at least, not to engage the wood thrashing about seemingly on its own, at least, or we'd have lost even more of our men.

"When the thrashing woodstorm was over, the whole place was swallowed up. It's little more than a deep muck pit now. Except for the spiral painted on a neighboring wall with the mucked insides of the fungus from that pit below.

"I had a rather lengthy ... conversation with my superiors. Don't worry; I didn't share what news we discussed when I found you earlier. But I think last night's incident makes it clear what this thing is hunting, and I've been given leave to join you.

"So,"
she says, cocking her hip to one side and raising an eyebrow, "What's your plan?"

[sblock=ooc]In case it wasn't clear, the 'I had men clear it out' means you didn't lose the value of the alchemist's labs in the destruction of the old church. [/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 7/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Plan? Take the few things we got from Hyve to the Pearl and get a couple more restoration potions for Gragnor. Then hunt the rich middlestone baron. Then hunt Crove. If we cannot coerce more information about the beast out of them, using the Treasure Map scrolls on their corpses may give us a clue. If we come across the beast, beat it down and kill it. Get paid. Visit the families of the fallen. Rest. Yep, that should be a busy day. Go home. Get paid again."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk chuckles quietly, "That may be a bit much for one day. Especially with Crove being as well placed as he is. It will take some preparation to reach him. Hopefully, we can get some firm proof while dealing with the next guy that will help us."

jkason

First Post
Rylidak shrugs. "Maybe we'll get lucky, and Myre will just be sniveling alone in his office," Rylidak offers by way of her own opinion on the heft of the load Kalgor proposes. "They're clearly a flock of cowards to begin with. But we won't know until we try.

"I assumed you'd want to restock, so I had the lab's content's shipped over to the Pearl,"
she says with little transition. "And if you have need, my god saw fit to bless me with a restorative this morning, though if you've the funds to secure potions first, it might be best to hold my own abilities in reserve."

Not really waiting for a response, the half-orc turns on her heel and heads off into the gray morning rain, starting the mazelike turns to lead you all back to the local extension of the Pearl.

[sblock=ooc]Post purchases as normal in the Pearl thread. Just let me know when you're all set, and if everyone's on board with Kalgor's suggestion to start with the middenstone baron. You can assume Rylidak will go wherever the rest of the party agrees.

As she was planning on adventuring, and the party had already experienced ability damage, Rylidak swapped out Sanctify Corpse with Lesser Restoration when she prepped her spells, which she can use now or later as you guys see fit. [/sblock][sblock=Rylidak mini-stats]Rylidak Kel
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 2/2
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +11/+6 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands)

Lay on Hands: 7/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 2/2 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 6 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Wait just a minute! Get back here... If you will allow me?" Kalgor flexes his fingers and mutters an incantation. "That should improve the day." He repeats his casting, applying it to all the the party members. Looking at the longsword from last night, being a bit short for his tastes, and at her sword sheathed, "Probably you should be the one wielding this thing against the beast. I like longer blades." Kalgor hands over the aberration bane sword to Rylidak.

"Now we can go." Stepping out into the rain, the rain parts and falls around him instead of soaking the arrogant ranger. "Sshow offf." as the cat follows. "Ooh, I drrry tooo."
[sblock=ooc]Cast Umbrella on all. 1 hour duration cantrip. :lol: Money spent. Gragnor is only down 1 STR which doesn't affect his bonuses. 4 Cure Light Wounds potions, one for each person after the "visit" to the Pearl. Ready to find the middenstone baron.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
When Anaerion steps out into the rain after receiving Kalgor's blessing, he soon found that the rain soon soaked through his clothes quicker than he would have liked.

"Uh..Kalgor? I hate to say it, but that spell does not work on us for some reason?"

At the arrival of the Pearl, Anaerion starts looking into what to sell to get what he needs.

[sblock]
SK: Umbrella is Self only ;)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 44 Current: 44
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (8/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 9 Rounds

Malkovian: Is Temperamental. Does not gain access to the following abilities.

Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2, Fly
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Remove ads