[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
Anaerion urges the eye forward (L15), and almost instantly, the demeanor of the lunatics changes. One of the fighting quartet stops and points, wide-eyed, directly at Anaerion (or, it seems he's pointing at the elven mage, given his perspective from the eye). The others turn at the prompting--after one of them takes an opportunistic whack at the pointer--and all four run to the end of their chains, jumping and reaching toward the point in space from which Anaerion percieves them. Their wide mouths and red faces would suggest they're yelling something at 'him,' but all Anaerion hears is the chatter of Alfred and the occasional muttered curse from Kalgor as Gragnor claws in his mark for another win. A quick 'glance' to the far stairwell (the closer one is no longer visible due to the corner and angle) shows Anaerion that the previously content-to-twirl inmate is also staring at the eye, ripping at his own hair and apparently adding to the screams.

[sblock=ooc]I stopped partway through the move, since it seemed to me this turn of events might lead to a change of tactics. So far as I can tell, an Arcane Eye isn't 'attackable,' so it can't be destroyed via mundane attacks, but it seems pretty clear to Anaerion that the lunatics within his perception can at present see his floating sensor.

Since they might now be perceived as obstacles (though as I said, not being attackable, I'd allow Anaerion to choose to simply move through / past any creatures as I have up until now), I threw in the chained folk on the map for now.[/sblock]

GM: 575 / 700' remaining (3 diagonals)

Attachments

• Asylum2.jpg
    Asylum2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 101

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion's shocked face is clearly visible to his allies, and he spends a couple seconds thinking quickly about where to go.

Deciding for now to retreat , Anaerion races the eye back up the stairs.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Relax, you already tripped the alarm, so get as much map as you can. They can't poke a flaming hot iron through that eye and burn yours?"

"Hmm... Or can they?"

Gragnor peeks around the corner to watch the physical building entrance for activity.

jkason

First Post
Anaerion shifts his senses backwards, noting that as he turns back up the stairs, the lunatics--though clearly still riled--seem to be looking about as if they've lost sight of him. Indeed, the lunatic at the foot of the near stairs, though riled by the others, doesn't seem to notice as Anaerion's sensor passes right over him. The young lady at the top of the stairs seems to have stopped swaying from whatever commotion she percieves through the stairwell (Anaerion has no way of telling what or how much noise might be carrying upwards), but she, too, doesn't notice Anaerion's magical eye as it hovers over her.

Outside, Gragnor watches the front door, but for now doesn't seem to detect any activity.

GM: 550'/700' remaining

Attachments

• Asylum1.jpg
    Asylum1.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 98
  • Asylum2.jpg
    Asylum2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
The activity only seems to confuse the mage, thinking quickly. After a couple seconds, he orders the eye back down the stairs, but instead of going towards the open door he goes towards the west door. If nothing strange happens Anaerion will make the eye scout around.

OOC: ok, so if the people seem to react seeing the (invisible?) eye in the basement, back it up. Get a layout of the area. It seems that the downstairs is the place to be...

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Looks like ENWorld came back up while I was out of town. Huzzah! Okay, let's see keep going…[/sblock]

Anaerion sends the eye back down the stairs, but moves west instead of east this time. While still a bit riled, none of the lunatics who previously responded to the eye seem to be aware of its return with Anaerion's change in direction.

A long hallway lined with doors stretches both north and south from the eye's position (J15) before the iron portal. Unlike most of the others, the doors to down the hallway appear to be closed, though he thinks he sees a small recess near the top of the closest ones which might suggest a window.

[sblock=map]Argh. I can't figure out how to get the new board to upload my map properly (I keep giving it the file location and hitting upload, but then it completes without apparently uploading anything. So, Photobucket linking it is. Apologies for the sprawl:

Asylum2.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: 525'/700' remaining (3 diagonals).

jkason

First Post
As both hallways seem to look about the same, Anaerion picks one at random and heads to the door. The recesses are indeed windows -- barred windows -- in the doors.

Inside another inmate sits cross-legged on a straw mattress, slowly picking at a mostly-empty plate of some kind of mush within his cramped cell. A burlap sheet is rolled up in in one corner, near a bucket which, if the flies are any indication, serves as his toilet.

A glance backwards shows Anaerion that the next door appears to be another cell, though he sees no occupant in this one.

[sblock=map]
Asylum2-1.jpg
[/sblock]

GM: 505 / 700 ft remaining (3 diagonals)

Satin Knights

First Post
Gragnor continues to confound and beat Kalgor or leave the game of tic-tac-toe in at least a tie.
[sblock=Suggestion]We might want to simply have the eye go right-hand rule or left-hand rule and quicken the pace a bit. Otherwise it might be Valentine's day before we get through all the intermediate steps of mapping.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases