Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Towards the Tower [re-post]

There's not a great deal of cover near the tower, the trees appear to have been cleared back about some 50 yards or so, sometime in the past. But, it was in the past, and the forest has encroached some on the 'hole' around the tower. There is some tall grass (easily as tall as Raggs) growing up to a distance of 30 feet from the tower, and there are a couple of bushes of fairly good size even closer than that. Raggs judges that he's only going to have a serious problem traversing the last 15-20 feet to the tower.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: So what would you folks say to a real dungeon crawl?

Definitely! Sure! I'll dial down the "interacting with everything/one." Let's hunt some treasure! :D

There's not a great deal of cover near the tower, the trees appear to have been cleared back about some 50 yards or so, sometime in the past. But, it was in the past, and the forest has encroached some on the 'hole' around the tower. There is some tall grass (easily as tall as Raggs) growing up to a distance of 30 feet from the tower, and there are a couple of bushes of fairly good size even closer than that. Raggs judges that he's only going to have a serious problem traversing the last 15-20 feet to the tower.

Ok, then Raggs will, unless someone wants to stop him, go do that. He'll get up as far as he can through the tall grass and bushes and then make a break for the tower doors and see what's to see/hear.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Raggs makes it succesfully up next to the tower with nothing unusual happening.

Hear Noise check at the doors (though he is a bit spooked and worried he might hear his grandmother again ;) .

Raggs waves his companions forward, silently urging a cautious approach.

He also gives the door a once over. Does it open out or in? Can he tell? Any apparent locks...what the hey, a trap check also.

EDIT: OOC: Yeah. I am quickly being reminded how much 1st level thieves, even ones as dashing and capable as Raggs, suck. lol. Maybe I'll have better results/chances having the dice roller do 2 d10 rolls instead of the single d100. Aw well. Next time.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Tower

The door has a quite large iron lock and appears to open inward. Raggs hears nothing and detects no traps. He does, however, notice from this closer vantage point, that the door appears to also be held closed by a very stout wooden bar.

Leif

Adventurer
The Tower

There's an iron lock and a bar on the outside? Or he sees (through cracks or whatnot) that there's a bar on the inside?
I could've/should've been clearer, I guess, but, yeah, he [Raggs] sees the ends of the bar extending past the edge of the door. The bar is on the inside of the door.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I could've/should've been clearer, I guess, but, yeah, he [Raggs] sees the ends of the bar extending past the edge of the door. The bar is on the inside of the door.

I will let my stalwart companions (if they ever come meet me at the tower doors?!?) know that it is barred on the inside.

"Simon? Think there's any way to take care of that? If there's nothing inside...who barred the door? Ya know, there's no reason to bar doors that don't hold treasure."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases