Clash of the Titans

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Medusa

Here's my problem:

In the original, Perseus can't look at Medusa directly so he uses his shield as a mirror.

In the remake, Perseus can look at Medusa and the whole thing is just typical fight.

Basically, my problem is that the remake actually made Perseus dumber.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
It was a 're-make', never a good sign.
Myth was just wrong - get the story right, hell get the characters right! Hades does not have a place in this myth.
Actting poor but this was to be an action flick, so can be forgiven a bit.
CGI - some was okay, others not so.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I liked it. I thought the acting was actually quite good. I think the actor's abilities to set a mood and feel that made Ancient Greek Warriors feel archaic, brutal, slightly alien to our modern sensibilities, and yet highly competent in a timeless way, was very good. It's a skill involving subtly in a larger than life arena, as much the directors skill as the actors, but I think the pulled it off very well.

I liked that the mythological creatures seemed truly mythic and terrifying, which is the way they are described in myth. Greek heroes survived against mythical opponents who clearly outmatched them, some with world altering abilities, and the movie showed that perfectly. I thought the visualizations were incredible.

For me, this was Greek Myth brought to life.

I will be adding this to my movie collection as an all-time favorite. And I'm happily anticipating the sequel.

:)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases