The Walking Dead 2.11 - Judge, Jury, Executioner (spoilers)

And what would that be?

Spoiler:[sblock] Everyone is already infected. If Hershel was to die from a heart attack he would rise up as a zombie unless someone shot him in the head first. You don't die from the infection although can die from the bite. This is why it doesn't matter if they cover themselves in undead guts.[/sblock]

Last edited:

NewJeffCT

First Post
And I suspect that this will be revealed in the season finale.

If the spoilers I read on another site are true, they may find that out the hard way.

SPOILER WARNING BELOW:

(you've been warned)

Supposedly, Shane gets killed and then comes back as a zombie, possibly killing another cast member, before getting killed a second time.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Spoiler: Everyone is already infected. If Hershel was to die from a heart attack he would rise up as a zombie unless someone shot him in the head first. You don't die from the infection although can die from the bite. This is why it doesn't matter if they cover themselves in undead guts.

[sblock]Making the title a double-entendre[/sblock]- how witty!

BTW- it's rare, but not everyone uses black as their default background color, so you may wish to reformat your post thusly:

(sblock) xxx (/sblock)

Except replace " ( "with " [ "

Mercutio01

First Post
And the messages that get emailed don't discriminate any of the spoiler tags.

But that's okay. There was a study fairly recently about whether spoilers actually spoil anything, the findings indicated that, in general, they do not.

Anyway, I think the title is a triple entendre. The Walking Dead refers to the zombies, the characters (since the morals/standards of society are wearing away such that there isn't much separating the dead from the living), and the characters again (based on the spoiler above).

Fast Learner

First Post
BTW- it's rare, but not everyone uses black as their default background color, so you may wish to reformat your post thusly:
You can also use (spoiler)your secret(/spoiler), which sometimes works better if you're just spoiling part of a sentence or what have you (rather than the clickable block reveal). Replacing the ( and ) with [ and ], of course.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Spoiler: Everyone is already infected. If Hershel was to die from a heart attack he would rise up as a zombie unless someone shot him in the head first. You don't die from the infection although can die from the bite. This is why it doesn't matter if they cover themselves in undead guts.

I don't know where everyone has gotten this impression. We've seen tons of dead without brain-damage that aren't zombies. If everyone was infected, they would be zombies too. And if it turns out that everyone IS infected, then this is a MAJOR oversight. I recently re-watched the entire first season with a friend who hasn't seen any of it, and there are at least five examples of bodies I can point out that are dead without being zombies and without head wounds.

Mercutio01

First Post
I wondered about that Kzach, but haven't rewatched the first season. I do remember reading something about it being more than just head wounds, though. It included things like broken necks or even internal brain hemorrhaging.

I think most of this speculation for the show is because that's how it works in the books.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
The way I choose to look at the "dead people without head wounds not being zombies" is that the infection (curse, plague, evolution?) didn't simultaneously infect every person on the planet at exactly the same moment. Thus, there was a time frame during the initial outbreak that some people became zombies, some people died prior to being infected (in cars trying to escape the reports of zombies/chaos), and some people became infected and have not yet died. As the timeline progressed, almost everyone has now become infected as the plague or whatever has had time to spread.

Just my .02 on how I rationalize the dead people in the cars and such.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases