The Walking Dead 2.11 - Judge, Jury, Executioner (spoilers)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Although I think a fireman's outfit is a bit extreme, wearing biking leathers from head to toe isn't and nor is wearing a helmet or at the very least a bandana around the mouth and some glasses.

How many times have the characters come face-to-face with zombies and stabbed or slashed their way to survival and yet never had any blood spatter in their eyes or mouths? Pretty damn convenient if you ask me. Hell, Rick just had what? Four zombies pile on top of him and he shot all of them and didn't have even a drop of zombie-blood touch a mucous membrane. I call BS.

Does zombie blood spread the virus, or is it something in the bite? Or, does the bite inflict the disease faster, but you can get it other ways?

And, Rick was a cop and in episode one he went with Morgan & son to the police station. He couldn't pick up any bullet proof vests or other body armor there? They still had guns & ammo there, why not riot gear and the like, too?

coyote6

Adventurer
FWIW, the showrunner has said (on Twitter) that zombie movies, books, etc, don't exist on Earth-WD. So the characters have no cultural knowledge of zombie apocalypse to draw on, no cinematic store of bad examples to draw on - they've been on their own from day 1.

Maybe George Romero made a pirate movie instead.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I wonder what is going to happen when someone reaches into his motorcycle saddlebag expecting a loaded gun to be at the ready and finds it missing.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Does zombie blood spread the virus, or is it something in the bite? Or, does the bite inflict the disease faster, but you can get it other ways?
Would you be willing to experiment in order to find out or would you just assume the worst and try to prevent any zombie-blood getting into your system?

I wonder what is going to happen when someone reaches into his motorcycle saddlebag expecting a loaded gun to be at the ready and finds it missing.
Yet another reason why Carl has to die.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic

And, Rick was a cop and in episode one he went with Morgan & son to the police station. He couldn't pick up any bullet proof vests or other body armor there? They still had guns & ammo there, why not riot gear and the like, too?

I have to think the bite is like that of a Komodo Dragon, just nasty and highly septic...thinking about it Zombies and Komodos could have a lot in common.
  • Hunt by smell - check
  • Try and overpower prey in first attack - check
  • If prey gets away, it is going to die but the bite could be leading the zombie to the prey before it dies - mmmm
  • Will go for neck bite - check
  • If it gets prey on ground, goes for the belly attack - check
  • Others Zombies take part in the feeding - check

A little late to the party, but a few comments.

I think people are overstating Carl's "wandering" and stupidity of his actions. Its not like he went for a random hike through the woods.

The kid is coming into his own and there has been a build up surrounding his feelings that he can and should be involved in the groups actions. He wants to be involved and is watching the dichotomy between how his father and shane handles things. That's why he is playing with the gun shells. That's why he steals the gun. He goes into the woods not to wander but to check the gun out, hardly a stupid action for a ~10 year old boy. You can see the confidence in himself by the way he is walking through the woods. He's seen his two father figures handle situations with guns and has no reason to think he can't do the same. That of course changes when he sees the stuck zombie. Shaken by the experience he is quickly learning that Shane might actually be right about the dangers of outsiders, which is why he encourages his father to kill Randall. This is emphasized like a dagger through the heart when he realizes it was the same zombie that he was too weak to kill that ended up killing Dale.

As for the group continuing to stay on the farm, I think it still makes sense. The area is remote which is why Herschel's family has been able to live there so long, has natural defenses against roamers in the swamp, has fresh well water, runs on generator power and is a fully functional farm. You don't leave a place like that unless you absolutely have to.

And lastly with regards to the zombie infection through blood splatter, don't assume that these are just details the writers are missing. Remember when Shane and Rick are looking at the bodies of the two guards and find no bites? Recall when Shane stabs a zombie with his knife and then cuts his hand? These aren't oversights. They are trying to tell you something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases