Skull & Shackles Player's Guide out

Wycen

Explorer
It is 30 pages of piraty goodness. The campaign traits also serve as the backstory of how you got shanghaied or pressed into service. None of them are voluntary, though I suppose you can work that out with the DM.

It includes pirate weapons, ship to ship combat rules, counters, and a sidebar on battle scars, plus other stuff.

The one thing lacking, which Steel_Wind will be disappointed in: no cannons. While it does include rules for flamethrowers and fire, no black powder rules are presented.

One of the interesting things to me was the mention of cyclops ruins. That's because the Celtic PF game I'm playing in right now has cyclops ruins, since they were apparently part of the world's earlier ages. The DM even mentioned he stole some of the ideas from whatever book they appear in (he's borrowed from tons of stuff).

triqui

Adventurer
It is 30 pages of piraty goodness. The campaign traits also serve as the backstory of how you got shanghaied or pressed into service. None of them are voluntary, though I suppose you can work that out with the DM.

I doubt it. Seeing the art, it looks like the PC are clearly prisoners in the begining. You might be a willing pirate, but from another ship I suppose.

PZO9055-Preview1.jpg

It includes pirate weapons, ship to ship combat rules, counters, and a sidebar on battle scars, plus other stuff.

The one thing lacking, which Steel_Wind will be disappointed in: no cannons. While it does include rules for flamethrowers and fire, no black powder rules are presented.
Jacobs has stated in the forums that those will be sidebar options for the DM in the AP itself. They didn't want it to be a player choice, because not every DM want to include gunpowder in their campaign.

One of the interesting things to me was the mention of cyclops ruins. That's because the Celtic PF game I'm playing in right now has cyclops ruins, since they were apparently part of the world's earlier ages. The DM even mentioned he stole some of the ideas from whatever book they appear in (he's borrowed from tons of stuff).
Kingmaker campaign cite cyclops ancient empire too.
It even has a cyclop lich

Squire James

First Post
That pic is ridiculous, so you'd let your captives keep all that very flash and expensive clothes?

As the Tui adverts say: YEAH RIGHT.

Maybe that particular pirate has a fetish for dressing up slaves in expensive clothes.

"Arr! Put on these Noble Cleric robes!"

"But I'm a city rat, and I've never worn high heels in my life!"

"Arrrr! Put on these Noble Cleric robes, and swab the deck, unless you'd rather swab the deck in that Goth Buckle outfit! I'll let you do that, if you want."

"Sigh... all right, hand over the robes..."

"Excellent! Now, tell that white-haired wizard guy I want to dress him up in black leather, and make him swab the deck as well!"

We know they're the iconics but it is still a ridiculous image, they should be in rags and if they're iconic you should still be able to tell who they are.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases