D&D 4th Edition Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g - Page 32




What's on your mind?

  1. #311
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    The changeling, his assassin's disguise abandoned, meets Alexia's eyes.

    "Save a child? Yes. Someone needs to be saved."

    "They came to our village. I don't know how they found us..."


    He looks around at his fallen comrades.

    "We come from the village of Lost. In Droaam. Our village is special. It blends into the background. It moves us to safer places without us knowing we needed to move. Outsiders can't find us. But they did."

    Tears flow freely from his eyes and the changeling keeps talking.

    "They came with what seemed like an army of gnolls and ogres. They killed our chieftain. They started killing our children until we agreed to send our best hunters with them. They said they needed us to kill people. As insurance, they took the rest of our children with them."


    He pauses, "And now there is no hope for them. We failed. We doomed our whole village."

 

  • #312
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,051

    Ignore Neurotic
    "Not if I can do anything about it. My temple was slaughtered to the man, children included. If I can help, I will. By the honor of Dol'Arrah, so I swear. And if it turns out you lie, you will wish it were true.

    Where is ambassadors child? And then, where do they keep your children?"

  • #313
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    "OK, we just stop a war, but it seems not enough, we have the diplomat's girl to save and a whole village.

    For the village, we will need to find a village that move around by itself, sounds pretty easy. How about the Diplomat's child, where is she suppose to be?"
    asks Malehan, awaiting for the next good news.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #314
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    Rohna was about to say something full of bravado and swagger to the changeling assassins as she dismounted, but by the time her black, steel-plated boots touched the ground she was confused again. "So I know I'm just a simple fighter, but let me get this right:"

    "The traitorous ambassador there only betrayed the ENTIRE LAND because someone stole ONE of his squealing get. These shape shifting assassins, who spent the better part of the last few minutes trying their best to kill us and most of the ambassadors of the WHOLE LAND, only did it because some slavering army of gnolls and ogres found their unfindable town and stole THEIR spawn? And it never crossed any of your minds to maybe ASK for help? This city crawls with heroes just begging to right the wrongs of the world and your first instinct is to plunge all of bloody Khorvaire into another bloody war? And folk call me short-sighted?"


    The rageblood fighter's knuckles are cracking audibly she is gripping her massive hammer so tightly by this point. Her crimson eyes and the ruby red crystal growths that protrude from the stony black flesh on her roughly hewn face are pulsing darkly in time with her heartbeat, which is speeding up dramatically the longer she takes to figure out why she almost just died several times. Steam is actually rising from the overlapping gaps in the littlest goliath's embossed black plate. Though those that have traveled with Rohna before know that her rymrfire plate just does that on its own, the effect is still quite a sight to behold as the fighter who uses her rage to drain the very life from her foes glowers at the retarded changelings with a death sentence in her glowing red eyes.

    She takes a couple heavy, menacing steps toward the gathered captives but seems confused again as a trickle of her dark blood continues to make its way down the side of her well muscled neck. Rohna scratches her nose with the edge of her shield, which makes noise exactly like metal being dragged over stone, and whispers out of the side of her mouth to her nearest companion. "Where was I?"
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #315
    Alexia interposes herself between Rohna and the captives. While she speaks her eyes dart to the blood running down the fighter's neck, "You were condemning and threatening people who had made regrettable decisions under emotional duress while assuming they had many of the same perspectives and resources you do. I don't know what your experiences have taught you but I've found that, in general, most people are not willing to risk their life for a stranger's." Alexia looks up into Rohna's eyes, "We're something of an exception, yes?"

    She shrugs, "What's done is done. There's plenty of blame to go around, but let's wait until everyone's safe before we start parcelling it out. Oh, and you're still bleeding. You should tend to that."

  • #316
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,680

    Ignore KarinsDad
    "And to tell you the truth Rohna, if someone took one of mine, I would race off to save them, war or no war. The life of my tribe is precious. The life of other tribes, not so much. This can be seen repeatedly by the actions of the heroes that you have just extolled. Many of them kill at the drop of a helm when told that wrongs needed to be righted on the word of a total stranger."
    The first sign of a broken rule is when someone suggests that the way to stop it is by readying an action.

  • #317
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    Ambassador Milthane steps forward. "Your bravery is commendable. Based solely on the needs of others, you step forward and put your lives in danger. Commendable."

    He kneels down in front of the changeling. "Despite our differences, we have both been manipulated. From this day forward, I pledge myself to saving your village."

    He turns to the heroes, "I beg of you to go to the rendezvous with the kidnappers tonight. They took my daughter and sent these poor souls here to try to kill us. They will be the key to the source of this... insanity!"

  • #318
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    11,680

    Ignore KarinsDad
    "Just tell us where and when ambassador ."
    The first sign of a broken rule is when someone suggests that the way to stop it is by readying an action.

  • #319
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    GM: I've been distracted, I'll update tonight.

  • #320
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    The Ambassador sighs, "The Depths. They said walk straight out from the lift at Dura. Halfway across from the lift is a platform above a collection pit. They said meet them there."

    The changeling chimes in, "Aye, when we got here, the people we met were in the area called the Depths."

    GM: Everyone please give me a healing surge spend count and hit points. Remember you have healers and a bard in your midst. As many short rests as you want. Not enough time for an extended rest unfortunately.

    Here's what I had for stats at the end of combat:

    Stats Update

    Czern Belog (G-7): 54/85; HS 13/15; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

    Chael: (M-22): 66/66; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

    Dusk: (L-23): 33/33 AC 21 F 23 R 19 W 15 Bonus:

    Malehan (L-20): 6 THP 30/68; HS 9/9; AP 0; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

    Alexia Madgearu (F-11): 9 THP 53/65; HS 10/11; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

    kal-Tarron (G-5): 31/56; HS 4/8; AP 0; Second Wind; Status:

    Venakhad (K-21): 5 THP 26/59; HS 8/8; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: bloodied

    Rohna (M-N, 19-20): 10 THP 30/76; HS 8/13; AP 0; Second Wind; Status; bloodied
    Olaf: 5 THP 74/85 HP



    Of course, you hit a milestone, so everyone gets their AP back

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 353
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th March, 2013, 04:38 PM
    2. Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??
      By FourMonos in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 350
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 05:13 PM
    3. Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1103
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th September, 2011, 02:36 PM
    4. Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 453
      Last Post: Friday, 11th June, 2010, 02:42 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •