[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
Since the party did not approach it, the wisp comes over and hovers near the mouth of the shrine. "Visitors to the teachers of old I see. Brother says I give you a truth, then an answer. Let's see. Ah..."

"Knowledge is painful to acquire, and sorrowful to retain."

He looks at Daylily skimming stones off of the pool. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"Oh oh, two truths. Now what do I do?"
The wisp turns pink, almost as if it were blushing.

[sblock=Shadow's paws]His front legs seem be getting a little longer and thicker. The paws are getting bigger too. There also seems tp be a bit of webbing growing between the toes.[/sblock][sblock=Drinking Horn]Drinking Horn of Bottomless Valor ~ Weight 2 lbs.
This drinking horn is etched with scenes of glorious battle. A fully charged horn has 3 charges—charges used are automatically renewed each day. So long as the horn has at least one charge remaining, it’s owner can command it to fill with mead or a similar alcoholic drink. A creature can spend one or more charges while drinking from the horn to gain the following benefits:
1 charge: The drinker gains 1d8 temporary hit points (as if from an aid spell), which last for 1 minute.
2 charges: The drinker gains 1d8+5 temporary hit points and is enlarged, as the spell enlarge person, for 5 minutes.
3 charges: The drinker gains 1d8+10 temporary hit points, is enlarged for 10 minutes, and gains the benefit of a heroism spell for as long as he is enlarged.
A creature must drink deeply from the horn to receive its full benefit. Using 1 charge is similar to drinking a potion—it takes a standard action and provokes an attack of opportunity (though certain abilities can reduce the action required). To use 2 charges, the drinker must spend a full round drinking from the horn, which always provokes and attack of opportunity. To use all 3 charges, the drinker must spend 2 full-round actions drinking from the horn.
PS. The original Horn of Fog written in the mod seemed utterly useless. So, I replaced it.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
In response to Daylily's insistence on releasing the prisoner: "And if this prisoner is a god of evil? And we cannot destroy it? Do you remember the woman that flew above us and mocked us with her power down in the sewers? How helpless we were?

I would have to try and stop you Daylilly. And you might have to kill me to stop me from stopping you. That would indeed be the saddest of days."

Relic looks deeply saddened by the thought. He listens to Daylily's reply but not wanting to argue with his friend he does not reply.

"Evil and madness ... that does not bode well as to the purpose of this place."

He hurries over to Kalinn. "Here is your horn. Quite a magnificent object with considerable power."

Relic proceeds to explain to Kalinn quickly how to use the horn.

Systole

First Post
"Eh, I woulds not worry the much about it, Rainbow. It is not likes the truths of the Trickster ever is very much helpful." He looks down at the stones in his hands, and then drops them and guffaws. "Well, except for the telling to me not throw stones at the metals puddle. We catched you to not be tricky, there, uyah?" You get the feeling the barbarian would good-naturedly elbow the will-o-wisp in the ribs if he could.

"Any the way, I am thank you. And for the question, I am ask this time. Where is the others of the cage Trickster Spawn, so we can make free them? I am warn you, though. I am not so smarts like Elder Storyteller, so if you tells a Trickster answer, maybe I am not find them."

To Relic he shrugs. "This thing that is called evil, I am never have see it. All thing in the world, they only do what is the nature of that thing. If the doing is bad for me, then I must be struggle against it. Maybe I win, maybe it win. But always the stronger one is prevail, and this is natural. To put a thing in a cage, this is not natural. If it is right to kill the Big Prisoner, I wills do this, but I wills not put the Big Prisoner back into a cage."

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra notices the wolf's paws getting larger, and continues to soothe the wolf. He does not seem to notice the conversation about Daylily freeing the chained beast. Nor the conversation with Relic and Kalinn about the language on the plates.

He only seems to be comforting the wolf, trying to sooth its obvious discomfort. However, it was not until Aradra noticed the webbing on the paw did the ranger stand up and walked straight over to Relic. Aradra hesitates for a second before saying "I know every time you attempted to identify one of these items, it causes great pain, but can you see if there is something effecting Shadow? He does not look right."

A clear concern shows on Aradra's face, clearly confused that his long time companion suddenly gained webbed feet paws.

jbear

First Post
Relic grimaces. "Oh, Grit blown to Eye! That does not look good!"

Relic continues to scratch at his skin absent mindedly. "This place. It must be where they change the villagers into skum. And it seems nearing the place is enough for it to begin. Come, bring Shadow into the shrine. It seems I have not been diligent in my study of languages. I can not understand what is written there, and I do not know the magic needed to decipher it either, damn my eyes!"

Relic hurries with Aradra into the shrine to cast detect magic on the wolf, offering a brief prayer before doing so. As he does so a thought occurs to him and he turns the magic onto himself where he has begun to itch. "Oh dear" he mutters.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn, hand still warily on the hilt of her sword, walks over to the shrine and looks intently at the copper plates.

[sblock=SK]{{Honored Ancestor, do you read ancient Aklo, or simply recognize it? Can you translate for me? We would end this threat if we are able.}}

(I'm headed to the lake and will be working up there all day. Her intention is to "read aloud" as Hafísbíta translates.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 27 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +09 CMD: 22
Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 104/104
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 99/99
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +08 CMD: 20
Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 3/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Nots so smarts indeed. Asks questions his eyes can answer. Very well. I knows not where all my brothers and sisters are caged. I see five on the road. They see others I cannot see. You freed one, I see. She blinks that you freed more." Disappointed that you are not as smart as the ones who used to come before, he vanishes and rushes off to enjoy his freedom.

[sblock=Frost]{{I cannot read or speak that tongue. I only recognize it as such.}}[/sblock][sblock=Relic]Looking upon yourself and Shadow with magesight, you have been effected by the magics of the island. It seems different for each of you. While your skin is drying out and itching for water, Shadow's limbs are growing. Although the paladin has not left the presumable safety of the road, his hacking and coughing does not sound natural either. Looking upon Aradra and Frost, they have not succumbed, but it may only be a matter of time.

Peering out of the shrine and into the blinding storm, it is not the aura colors of the silvery pools that seem to be effecting you. It is something large and north east, beyond the pools. Keeping your breakfast where it belongs is easier this time.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"It's the island. Not the pools! It is changing us. My skin ... it needs water. The webs of Shadow's paws. That cough I hear from Iosef ... probably his lungs are changing. We can not stay long ..."

Hearing the wisp conversing with Daylily, Relic pops his head out once more. "Excuse me, good Wisp. You gave us two truths. Shouldn't you give us two answers as well? Otherwise it might cause an awful imbalance. An imbalance that might leaves us unable to free any more of your brothers and sisters ...."

Satin Knights

First Post
An invisible voice says, "No I shouldn't. Freedom for one truth and one answer. That is what they say."

"Oops! That was another answer. I did it again. Trickster!!!"

On the road Iosef is still standing upon, he can see four more glowing globes to the west.
[sblock=maps]Road
island28.png

Local
island27.png
[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"Friends! This is not a wholesome place! Perhaps we ought to think about moving onwards?" The paladin calls from the road, pausing every few words to cough painfully.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases