[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION]

I have a player who is willing to take over Zuri. As Daeja has given us free liscence to do with Zuri as we see fit this should be okay.

The snag is the potential player has asked whether they will be able to benefit from any kind of reward that could be transferred over to one of thier 3 active PCs eg. the time based reward or time gold.

Does such a thing have a precedence? Does this need to be proposed and voted in the the main thread?

Cheers!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION], Regarding making checks; how do you normally prefer it - should I be telling you that I want to make rolls to gain more information, or will you prompt when rolling is appropriate, or should I be just trying to gain that knowledge in character?

My home groups (and even some online games I've been in for that matter) tend to feel like the "make rolls - gain knowledge" is a bit metagamey and we prefer not to most of the time, or to only make rolls after roleplaying it out a bit first. That's why I've been not making rolls all that often, but if you would rather I do, I can start putting the dice roller through its paces ;)

jbear

First Post
I prefer players to just act how they imagine their characters would.

Like how Gray did which I felt needed some checks so I can judge how Robin was going to react.

If a player shows interest in something and wishes more information they just need to direct their attention towards it in character. I may or may not call for checks at that stage. But if you prefer to do as Son of Meepo and preemptively roll knowledge/spot type checks then I have no problem with that either. He may or may not gain any useful knowledge from it.

If there is knowledge I think is fairly important but not a puzzle buster then I'll sblock it with a DC. I don't care if players know it, but I expect that the characters will act as though they don't until either one pc lears and shares it.

If it is a puzzle situation then you'll have to actively direct your PCs attention to the relevant parts for me to give hints and ask for rolls, e.g back at the waterfall.

I hope that helps.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION]

I have a player who is willing to take over Zuri. As Daeja has given us free liscence to do with Zuri as we see fit this should be okay.

The snag is the potential player has asked whether they will be able to benefit from any kind of reward that could be transferred over to one of thier 3 active PCs eg. the time based reward or time gold.

Does such a thing have a precedence? Does this need to be proposed and voted in the the main thread?

Cheers!
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]

Having a new player take over playing Zuri would be fine by me, but if they already have 3 active characters that's a bit of a snag. If one of their characters stays inactive for the duration that he plays Zuri I think that would be ok, but this is probably a good situation to make a proposal for since I'm not aware of any precedence. It isn't uncommon to do what you are currently doing - DM NPC's the character and one of the other players runs them in combat - so it's not too much of a stretch from there, but if it means someone has 4 characters at once it could be an issue.

As for time gold/XP for playing Zuri being transferred to one of his other characters, that also has no precedence as far as I'm aware; I would make a proposal for that.

jbear

First Post
Just so you know guys I am here and watching the thread for a response from Nemesis Destiny to kick start things.

We are headed into the end of the year/xmas so it will be pretty normal that posting drops off dramatically over this period. I'm pretty relaxed about it at the moment.

If someone does want to get the ball rolling feel free. Imagine that whatever you do, you will have to start doing it as soon as you emerge from the trees. The challenge is getting near to the unicorns. So don't press too far forward with you actions.

jbear

First Post
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the following:

treex has been in contact with me about re-joining the adventure with Themes. Please PM your thoughts. Depending on those thoughts I will make my decision. [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] [MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION] [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION]

cheers
J

Son of Meepo

First Post
A quick note on timing...

The barkburrs have an opportunity action to a creature's end of turn.
Since an opportunity action interrupts its trigger, the end of turn phase has not yet been completed.
Thus the character would still have an opportunity to make saving throws.
Therefore, I believe that everyone would be entitled to a saving throw against the ongoing poison and slow the turn the condition is applied.

Remove ads