[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Neil1889

First Post
A bit of a heads up; the week of Monday 4th June, I'm avoiding HM QEII 's Diamond Jubillee celebrations and liberating Normandy on D-Day of their wine and calvados stocks instead. ;)

I'm going to try and find a way to stay in partial contact, though watch this space, I guess.

Just a reminder that I'll be away from home for the coming week.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION] [MENTION=90924]LordGraz'zt[/MENTION] It will feel a bit anti climactic if I roll and finish this off myself. But I don't want this to drag out either.

So, tomorrow I'm going to rule that Themes gets back up and makes it into the Dolphin (an auto success for him). As I don't want to end it myself but Kartuus has more viable and a wider array of options including actually getting the boat away this same round, I'll consider he is delaying, move on to the next round so other PCs can act and allow Kartuus 2 rounds worth of actions when he takes his turn.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Well, a few more low rolls (including one which I could only fail by rolling a natural 1) has left Wat useless for the rest of this challenge. Hopefully the rest of you can pull us through.

Daeja

Explorer
I was intending just to wait for Kartuus... but I could sub in Zuri's action for the Captain's nature check, just as was done before.... right? I feel like I've missed some key bit of information making that not possible. I'll reread all the posts this afternoon to double-check (unless someone gets the Dolphin to safety before then :D )

Son of Meepo

First Post
I think the idea is that one person gets to be the navigator. That person needs to succeed on a DC 19 Nature check or we're sunk. Other people can try DC 19 skill checks as a Standard action to give the navigator a reroll on his Nature check, but only one person can actually attempt the Nature check to get away.

I think the captain has the best bonus at +8 with Themes a close second at +7. But in order to use the captain to make those checks, someone has to snap him out of it. (A roll I would make 95% of the time, @#*#! natural 1!)

jbear

First Post
I think the idea is that one person gets to be the navigator. That person needs to succeed on a DC 19 Nature check or we're sunk. Other people can try DC 19 skill checks as a Standard action to give the navigator a reroll on his Nature check, but only one person can actually attempt the Nature check to get away.

I think the captain has the best bonus at +8 with Themes a close second at +7. But in order to use the captain to make those checks, someone has to snap him out of it. (A roll I would make 95% of the time, @#*#! natural 1!)
Themes has a +1 on all checks for this challenge due to his mariner background, so I think that bumps him up to +8 as well?

Of course it is advantageous to only use a move action to get him going.

In any case, my bad. I was going to say that you can make as many attempts to spur the Captain into gear on your turn as well. Like an escalating verbal tirade that consumes more and more of your efforts and attention. Because it was due to my poor communication I am happy for you to retcon accordingly.

[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] If you are going to spend your Standard Action spurring, that is an Auto success if you wanted to use it on the Captain and have a shot at rolling Nature right off the bat.

If you don't want to retcon then you still have the option of using a minor action at DC 19 to spur Captain Peg into action.

Remove ads