[Pathfinder] Friadoc's 'Down Camlin Way' campaign [OOC]

Leif

Adventurer
Tyyrh is from the not-too-distant Elven Enclave in the Great Sylvan Forest.

[sblock=Tyyrh's background]
Tyyrh came to the town when he became finally disillusioned with the way his half-human half-brother cemented his own status in their tribe, thus robbing Tyyrh of his built-in, made-to-order scapegoat for just about everything. When he got there, he was royally pi**ed off, but in desperate need of a friend or three. And anxious to find some who would accept him for what he is without measuring him against an arcane standard to which he can never live-up. He met Ernesto de Palo Torres on his journey to the city. And Tyyrh has encountered Talashia in the city and spoken of her to Ernesto, as a potential ally.
[/sblock]

*Did some minor tweaking to Tyyrh's history.* ;)

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
I'm working through backlog (board and work) from my vacay, though it appears I might be too late. Can my gnome still join the hijinks? It'll still be a day or so before I can get him built, I'm afraid, so I'd understand if folk want to get the show on the road...

Friadoc

Explorer
I'm working through backlog (board and work) from my vacay, though it appears I might be too late. Can my gnome still join the hijinks? It'll still be a day or so before I can get him built, I'm afraid, so I'd understand if folk want to get the show on the road...

You're more than welcome to still join in, even if we'd already started. One of the reasons that I'm doing this as a sandbox, is that it allows for dropping in and outs (as needed).

So, get to work and all is well.

jkason

First Post
heh. Hooray for hoorays. :)

Shayuri, we'd been talking about my gnome-changeling coming from the same hamlet as Talashia, playing on some of the contrasts of two weirdly-powered kids dealt with differently, etc. Are you still okay with that?

Shayuri

First Post
Absolutely!

How was your gnomelet known in the sleepy little village?

Talashia was widely regarded as a troublemaker; due partly to supertition (and some legitimate concern) over her magic, and partly because of her willfullness and attitude. That doesn't mean everyone hated her...some people like troublemakers. :)

jkason

First Post
Giley has the Haunted curse, so between that and (eventually) the big wolf he took to riding about town, he had a bit of a reputation for catastrophe, but I sort of saw him as getting away with a whole lot because of a generally positive attitude and having that "isn't he so cute?" air that high CHA wee folk would have. Most of the time I don't think mischief was his goal, but I'm certain there was a time or two when he used his that wide-eyed innocent thing he had going to get himself (or possibly Talashia?) out of a jam. Whether she'd appreciate that or resent it is up in the air, and might actually just change with the winds. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Let me lob some thoughts in, and maybe Friadoc can contribute as well, since he determines the NPC character of the town...

Did your human parents -know- their baby was taken and replaced with a gnome? Was it a shock? Or is that not what you mean by a changeling? I can definitely see a fey midget surrounded by strange happenings, befriending wolves and riding them around as being a target of some good, old-fashioned rural bumpkin superstition. Perhaps not as directly threatening as Talashia's wild magic, but still pretty sinister from an uneducated farmer's perspective.

I'm definitely not trying to say this is how things -are- or -should be- because that's not my call. Just thought I'd throw this idea out there and see what you think. It might have bearing on how I write my background too, since I see our characters as having some parallels there.

jkason

First Post
Let me lob some thoughts in, and maybe Friadoc can contribute as well, since he determines the NPC character of the town...

Did your human parents -know- their baby was taken and replaced with a gnome? Was it a shock? Or is that not what you mean by a changeling?

Could have sworn I posted it in here, but looks like the only place I put Giley's background was back in the old IC thread. Yoinks. Posted below, but the short version is: Giley's a pseudo-changeling, I guess, in that the parents lost their actual child just prior to getting him, rather than having him stolen in the night; I thought that seemed a bit too sinister and creepy, which wasn't what I was initially going for.

[sblock=Gileysefed Lan]When the human Lans lost their only infant to illness, they prayed that their now-barren home might somehow be blessed with a child resilient enough to survive the rigors of the world. They prayed to their gods, but it was fey spirits lurking in their home who heard and answered. The couple soon found a new baby in their infant's crib: a tiny gnome.

So happy were they to have another child, they chose to ignore the odd chaos which seemed to always surrounded the baby. Certainly it was a tad unsettling the way the wind seemed to whisper with an actual voice on occasion, or in fact that the wind seemed to gust when no windows were opened. But the Lans were so very grateful to have a hale and hearty son with such a sunny disposition that they ignored it.

When Giley's natural tendency to bring home strays resulted in a large, red-haired wolf at their door, the Lans were a little more leery, but despite his intimidating look, Golfinwerg seemed to want nothing more than Gileysefed's safety and happiness, so they didn't really object.

The townsfolk, too, learned to overlook Giley's natural disasters, and the wolf was always so ... well, well-behaved. It is now a common sight to see the bright-eyed Giley riding Golfinwerg about town as if on a sightseeing tour. [/sblock]

I can definitely see a fey midget surrounded by strange happenings, befriending wolves and riding them around as being a target of some good, old-fashioned rural bumpkin superstition. Perhaps not as directly threatening as Talashia's wild magic, but still pretty sinister from an uneducated farmer's perspective.

Like I said, my initial thought was a high-Cha with maybe some Diplomacy would counteract the prejudices. So long as he still has 'blind to his chaos' parents, though, I think his concept would do just fine if the townsfolk weren't as accepting as I originally conceived. I think he's probably a perpetually-optimistic sort by nature, so he'd probably just shrug at it all, which could come with its own dangers: not seeing some rural mounting aggression due to a combination of his own obliviousness and his parents' overprotection, maybe he needed Talashia to drag him out of town before he wound up getting himself or his parents in real trouble.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases