OOC discussion: Diabolical Plots

dave_o

Explorer
Just as a heads up I'm posting right now!

IRL I am a musician as well as technical trainer so I have to really squeeze posting in, but I promise to always make time!

Woo!

Starman

Adventurer
Not sure if you wanted me to roll my own Perception check or not, [MENTION=6687941]mazzoli[/MENTION], so I just put my modifier in my post. I've had different GMs handle it different ways. Let me know what works for you and I'll do it that way in the future.

mazzoli

First Post
[MENTION=7663]Starman[/MENTION]
If you're going to take the time to try to find or hear anything, go ahead and roll your own perception. If you're walking by something I'll roll perception to see if you notice it. Basically if you're actively using a skill, roll it yourself, but if it's a passive use I'll roll it. If anything comes up where it's not obvious I'll just let you know if you need to roll. I rolled this one for you and got a 19, so it worked out.

dave_o

Explorer
I am a little confused as to what tone we are going for -- is this, like, anime-level silliness? Or dark and brooding? I'm down for whatever but I want to know what direction to go...

mazzoli

First Post
I was intending it to be dark and gritty, but with a knowing nod and wink that it wasn't to be taken too seriously. I'm up to whatever feel the players want, so if everybody wants a completely serious campaign I can work that too. I honestly think it would be fun if some of the characters played it straight while others didn't take things seriously, but we should probably have some agreement on this. Until we come up with something we can all agree on we'll just continue as we are.

Official question to all players: What kind of tone do you want the campaign to have?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I like the idea that some of the characters would take the troubles seriously while others were along for fun or what not. Keeps a sense of realism that each character has had different experiences and so reacts to the world around them in different ways. As to game tone whatever leads to the most fun.

As to what's going on in the game I'm not sure right now. Fir is hoping that the others are following behind while he loudly tromps ahead.

His idea is to hold of the thing while the others move in to engage it. And at a 24 AC my little bearded tank should be able to do just that. :)

HM

dave_o

Explorer
I like the idea that some of the characters would take the troubles seriously while others were along for fun or what not. Keeps a sense of realism that each character has had different experiences and so reacts to the world around them in different ways. As to game tone whatever leads to the most fun.

As to what's going on in the game I'm not sure right now. Fir is hoping that the others are following behind while he loudly tromps ahead.

His idea is to hold of the thing while the others move in to engage it. And at a 24 AC my little bearded tank should be able to do just that. :)

HM

Din plans on letting the dwarf draw out any would-be ambushes. Especially because your dwarf is the only PC that Din has probably at least seen before?

The one oddball character I'm having trouble reacting to is the Changeling -- are Changelings common in this homebrew? If not, I think we might want to consider how we react in character to this strange, form-changing being who appears to be insane. :cool:

Mlwells

First Post
The name, "changeling" is a bit of a misnomer. Here you go if you want to know more about them.

Changeling - Pathfinder_OGC

As for commonality, I would say someone who is used to fighting hags and the such, ie. Oraia, would know who they were, or perhaps someone who shoves their nose in a book, ie. Talys would have an inkling. However someone that has spent their life in the same forest, may likely just see a rather beautiful human. Mazzoli can give final say on it though.

mazzoli

First Post
My ruling is that changelings are not unheard of, and most people who have the skills of an adventurer will likely have at least heard of them and would have their suspicions of someone like Lanalia, who bears all the common marks. So really, however you want to play it. Justify knowing about them by having had dealings with them in the past or something. Feel free to be creative.

Remove ads