What's on your mind?
+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 10 of 46
Thread: The D&D Next Playtest Begins...
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 02:45 PM #1
Time Agent (Lvl 24)
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Read 20 Reviews
- Blog Entries
° Ignore Morrus
The D&D Next Playtest Begins...
If you signed up for the D&D Next public playtest, you should expect an email from WotC today with instructions on how to download the playtest package. If you haven't signed up yet, do so right here and await your email!
Some people on the forums are already reporting that they've received the email, while others haven't yet.
While you're waiting and eagerly refreshing your email every 15 seconds, check out these useful pieces of advice:
- Playtest Package Contents
- Guidelines for D&D Next playtest/adventure discussion here at ENW
- Something to remember tomorrow
- Playtest D&D Next Like A Pro (from Critical Hits)
Here's how to get your playtest package.
1) Sign up for playtest information here if you haven't already. You may have done this months ago.
2) You'll get a confirmation email about the above, but you're waiting for another email (these are being sent in batches, so go do something else while you wait) which reads:
Dear Dungeons & Dragons« Fan,3) Go to the link in that email.
You are receiving this email because you requested information about the start of the D&D Next Playtest and how to participate. We are pleased to inform you that playtesting for the next iteration of D&D« has begun!
To thank you for your early interest and enthusiasm, we’re giving you a head start on downloading the playtest packet. Later today, we will be making the materials available to all playtesters.
To download your official playtest packet, please click here and follow the instructions provided. You will need to log in with your Wizards account or create one if you do not already have one.
Thank you for your interest in the D&D Next Playtest. We look forward to your participation and feedback.
The D&D Team
4) Fill out the required information, and agree to the "D&D Next Playtest Agreement". This agreement prohibits you from copying, reproducing, or distributing the playtest materials, but allows you to discuss them.
5) You'll then see a page telling you that your playtest signup is approved, and asking you to wait 30-60 minutes for a download link.
6) Finally, you'll get a download link. It will be a ZIP file containing a number of PDFs and a letter from Mike Mearls.
NOTE: At present, a number of people are reporting that the download link does not work,a nd simply takes you to the WotC customer service page. If this is the case for you, here's what to do. This only works if you've received the emails.
If you've recieved your second email and it's redirecting to a basic CS page with some entries on it, I have a quick workaround while we fix the problem.UPDATE: This from WotC.
For now, just click on this link.
It will either ask you to login or take you directly to the page where you can download the packet. This should only work if you've already been through the early process and agreed to the terms.
We've identified two different issues.
- The download llink in the original emails was corrupted. We've fixed that problem and for most who have gone through the process so that future emails have the correct link. For those who had the problem, we'll be sending out new emails with the correct link at some point, but for now you can click on this link to get to the playtest packet.
- Some people signed up for the D&D Next notifiation with an different email address than the one they use for the wizards site login. In these cases, the permissions are apparently being granted to the email used to sign up but not the email you would normally use to login. If you're able to login to the site with the email you provided for the D&D Next notification, this may solve the problem, we're still looking in to this particular issue for other fixes.
Last edited by Morrus; Wednesday, 6th June, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 04:20 PM #2
The Great Druid (Lvl 17)
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Read 3 Reviews
- Blog Entries
° Ignore darjr
down load link work around
Try that. btw I just downloaded it from the above.
It's in the DND Next General Forum.
Last edited by darjr; Thursday, 24th May, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 05:13 PM #3
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
This is what Yoda would probably say about it:
"No, no different. Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned (about D&D)."
By approaching the new game without ego or bias, I do feel like it's 1990 all over again and I just discovered that awesome black boxed game with the huge red dragon in it.
D&D is not an edition. D&D is not my D&D. D&D is not your D&D. D&D is D&D. -Androlphas
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 05:21 PM #4
Novice (Lvl 1)
Right, I think Wizards' servers are getting slammed at the moment
Yet another gamer/RPG blog! Check out www.geekhorde.com for some original 4E/universal RPG material and my musings on the industry, gaming, geek culture, and more!
My Homebrew Campaign World, Travelar: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...e-darkened-age
"Not all who wander are lost..." J.R.R. Tolkien
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 05:29 PM #5
Got there in the end. Thanks to everyone here for the link updates. I'd been sent around in circles. I was beginning to feel like a Diablo III player, for a minute.
Last edited by Ranes; Thursday, 24th May, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 05:39 PM #6
Waghalter (Lvl 7)
Oh oh. I used my gmail account to sign-up and my DDI account is from my work e-mail (I own a game store) so it looks like I might have a problem. (I'm still waiting on the 2nd e-mail.)
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 05:39 PM #7
Guide (Lvl 11)
Double post Sorry
Last edited by mlund; Thursday, 24th May, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 05:41 PM #8
Guide (Lvl 11)
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 05:44 PM #9
Novice (Lvl 1)
Cannot log in
I got the the email from Wizards this morning and it says click here to log in.
It does not recognize my password or email which is the same I got the email on and the password has been the same on there site for years.
I tried the other links you guys provided and it still says the same thing.
Thursday, 24th May, 2012, 06:48 PM #10
Gallant (Lvl 3)
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
- Mesa, AZ
- Read 0 Reviews
° Ignore Knight Templar
I've been trying to download this damn playtest for over 3 hours now. I've submitted for the link I don't know how many times and the only I've gotten is the first one which is apparently corrupted. They say on their forums to resubmit and you'll get a good link and hours later NOTHING!
God I hate you WotC.