I wish Dungeons and Dragons had Dungeons and Dragons casting.

Evenglare

Adventurer
All the time all I hear is vancian casting this and that. 4th edition may not have had a system that many people liked , but at least it tried to be it's own. I say D&D needs a magic system that is it's own. Something unique to itself. Anyone feel the same?

jadrax

Adventurer
All the time all I hear is vancian casting this and that. 4th edition may not have had a system that many people liked , but at least it tried to be it's own. I say D&D needs a magic system that is it's own. Something unique to itself. Anyone feel the same?

Erm 'vancian' casting is pretty much unique to D&D. It certainly has very little to do with the works of Jack Vance.

Yup, up until 4e so called vancian was DnD spell casting. And I am glad it is back cos it gives the feel of DnD, and I am sure AEDU, spell points (psionics) and spontaneous (sorcerer) will be there as options to. Hopefully there will be all previous forms of spell casting available from launch for arcane and divine casters to make every one happy

jadrax

Adventurer
Then why call it vancian casting if it has little to do with Jack Vance? Why does he get all the credit?

I think because it kind of worked like Dying Earth and role-players often use really strange labels for stuff. I am not even sure when the term was first coined tbh.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases