Character Slots and Retirement

Son of Meepo

First Post
I have a question for the group.

At one point I had a level 5 character and a level 3 character active. Since both characters are at least level 2 and their total level is at least 6, I am eligible to create a third character.

Since then, I retired the level 5 and applied half its XP to my level 3 (who is now level 6) and created a level 1 character.

Am I still able to create a third character since I was eligible at one time or do I now have to wait for my second character to reach level 2?

Luinnar

First Post
I know it is not clear in the charter, but I am fine that once you "unlock" your 3rd character you can have one no matter what levels your characters are at. :)

treex

First Post
On the same line of discussion: is there any way to create a new character above Level 1? (And why not if the answer is no)

renau1g

First Post
The answer treex is no, unless you are retiring another character. There's a few reasons. 1 - the Living world that we use seems more realistic if say Kruk, Jax, or Incarnation started as low-level adventurers and now are moving along to Paragon adventures, plus it stretches the credibility of the Living setting if in our "fluff" there's not a lot of higher level adventurers (the Five were IIRC mid-Paragon or so and they're legendary), so suddenly have a few dozen level 15's wouldn't make a lot of sense. Also, higher level adventures are more challenging to run and play in, so Player's can level up at an easier pace and get used to both PbP and their PC's, while DM's can adjust to new power levels of the PC's.

At least that's how I see it.

Remove ads