Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I didn't had the chance to state it, but when NOT in combat and you need to do a roll and we can speak without much fear, assume Valeria cast on you Guidance, so you will get a +1 bonus on roll.

Valeria quickly take out her gag. "Finally." She focus a moment, trying to feel if Silver, her viper, is somewhere near or not. She post herself near the door, he back on the wall, ready to put to sleep the first guard to show up. "If someone can attract one guard, I would probably be able to put him to sleep, or even put him under my charm and get an ally if needed."

Disposable Hero

First Post
"I like the way you think. However we should hold off on the charming of said guard and wait until we are ready to leave. He would make a very advantagous distraction." Ethan moves closure to Valeria as he talks.

Insight

Adventurer
Ethan looks to Osrin with a nod. "I follow his teachings and believe it is a divine right of the strong to rule over the weak. It's time to punish those that would deprive us of our freedom for s et of laws that we do not accept."

"Punishment," Osrin replies. "Torment. And then death. When we decide the time is right."

He moves closure to Anitol. "Thank you for freeing me of my bonds. I request only a weapon for now." He looks to Curz. "Once the guards have been relieved of their duty we can then relieve them of their equipment."

Osrin joins Ethan at Anitol's side. "I would thank you as well. I only hope that I don't have to kill you later. Such is the way of things, I'm afraid. Still, for now, we are all in the same boat. We must escape this place. And to do so, we will need some weapons and other equipment. Tell me, how did you come by those lockpicks? I could do with some myself."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Can you show me the sign that I saw from afar? The one in the middle..." Jaylen will inspect the sign, should he be allowed to, and if not deterred, place his finger to trace the sign. So many times had he been told of this sign, yet those who told of it were too afraid to draw it out. The one time he did see it, was the last time he was a free man. Now it rears it's not so ugly head again...

His wrists ache, but it was well worth the effort, as he had to prove to himself, as much as to the others and Asmodeus, that he was not weak. He would do what had to be done...

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol dutifully produces the veil for all to see and handle as they wish.

"As the Lady, uh . . . I'm sorry, I just realized I don't know any of your names. I suppose there wasn't much point until just now. My name is Anitol, Anitol Barca."

Dressed in dirty rags, standing in a darkened jail cell, he nonetheless sketches a quick bow before resuming.

"As the lady said, the veil's patches each seem to contain an item, as it is removed from the veil, thus do you come to be holding the item in question. That is how I came to possess these picks. I am not entirely sure what each other patch represents."

Velmont

First Post
"My name is Valeria. We have two daggers, anyone good at fighting with such weapon here? We already have the lockpicks and they will probably be useful again, if it is only to open the cell's door. The potion is probably one of healing, at least I hope. We will go into a fight or two on the way for sure. If we can avoid any would be better, but I'm realistic. A potion of healing might allow to keep the most wounded up and ready to fight.

The lantern and the rope might always come useful. I guess the star is an holy symbol of Asmodeus... any follow here? The purse might be useful once we get outside to pay for items or service.

Now, the window, it might appears to the nearest wall, so I would wait before taking it from the veil. And that pyramid, made of brick... can't guess it use. Maybe for stairs, if we need to go over a wall.

Now we are free, if we decide to wait, the guard might come for simple patrol or to give us something to eat and drink... after all, our execution is in 3 days. DO we wait for them to show up or we attract them? DO we simulate that we are still bound or not?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Curz." the small thin human says by way of introduction. "I say we get out as quickly as possible."

Ragged and tired, the look of anxiety on Curz's face doesn't help to inspire confidence in the man's abilities.

[sblock=Stat Block]
HP: 12/12: INIT: +3
AC: 14 (Touch: 14,Flatfooted: 10)
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: +2, Reflex: +3, Will: +5
Speed: 30'

Stealth +3, Perception +3, Sense Motive +7

Channel Energy: 5/5 (1d6)
Fire Bolt: 6/6 (1d6 fire dmg; range touch, 30')
Inspiring Word: 6/6 (+2 to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks and saves for 1 round)
Orisons: spark, guidance, light
level 1: murderous command, command, burning hands(d)[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Asmodeus has presented his path to me recently. I am a follower, and vengeance to these blasphemers will be ours as well..."

He then reaches to touch the symbol, wondering if it would hold any power of Asmodeus. He hesitates, looking at the others as they introduce themselves. "My name is Jaylen. I follow the path of Asmodeus."

He then lays his hand on the veil, tracing the edges of the symbol with his finger.

Disposable Hero

First Post
"Ethan Thrace. I am a follower of Asmodeus as well but my skills are placed elsewhere." He stands near the door still as he speaks in a half whisper looking out into the corridor.

"We should dispatch this lot as quietly as possible as Curz said."

He turns slightly to Valeria. "You said you have the ability to place one or both guards to sleep? I think that is the first and best option unless we can use the window and rope here in the cell..." He looks around as if looking for a small window.

Malvoisin

First Post
OOC: As you develop your plans further, a few notes:

1. Don't assume that Valeria's musings about the nature of the patches on the veil are all correct. Some are fairly obvious, true, such as the daggers, lantern, and rope. The vial definitely looks like a potion...though of what sort is not yet clear. The sack may or may not contain gold. The stack of 'bricks' may or may not be bricks at all. You'll have to pull some of these patches from the veil to find out for sure what resources are available to you.

2. Jaylen runs his fingertips over the center patch, which definitely depicts an unholy symbol of Asmodeus. Is he pulling the patch off of the veil, or just touching it for now? If the latter, nothing extraordinary happens at this time.

3. Ethan can see that there are no windows in your cell...only walls of gray, impassive stone.

4. Valeria does not sense Silver immediately nearby, but she feels confident that her viper will not be far off, if she can just get outdoors.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases