Results 1 to 10 of 94
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:01 AM #1
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
Chicago Gameday 32 Event Planning
Gameday 32 Planning Thread
This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday 32.
Gameday 32 is being held on July 14th, 2012, at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.
What is Chicago Gameday?
How to Submit an Event
If you would like to run an event for Chicago Gameday, please follow these three steps.
1. Post your event description in this thread
Your event description must include the following:
- Time: morning (9:30 a.m.) or afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
- Game system: e.g., "D&D 3.5";
- Event Title: e.g., "The Caves of Chaos";
- Description: ideally, short and to the point; here are some guidelines from designer/editor Ryan Macklin;
- An image: one you wish associated with your event description, or else state that you are happy to leave that up to me;
- Content Rating: choose either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only";
- Number of Players: total your event can accomodate, not including yourself;
- Table Preference: Whether you want to reserve the private room or need a specific table; I will assign you a table based on your event's size otherwise.
2. Make sure I have a way of contacting you
Either like us on Facebook or provide me with your email address so I can add you to our mailing list. You can email me at buzz (at) buzzmo (dot) com. If you have Private Messaging enabled here at ENWorld, that works, too.
3. Subscribe to this thread on ENWorld or else make sure to check it regularly.
How to Be a Great Gameday GM
You should create a safe, friendly space for your event.
Introduce yourself and help introduce the players to each other. Be accommodating to people with special needs, e.g., someone who needs to sit closer to you in order to hear better. Be sensitive to players who let you know they are uncomfortable with certain topics your game may address; do what you can to make them comfortable. In short, treat your players as you would guests in your home.
You should be aware of how long your event lasts.
Four hours is the ideal minimum. Morning events should end with enough time left to allow you and your players to get lunch and spend at least some time shopping before the afternoon events begin. Afternoon events should keep both the Metra schedules and the store's hours in mind.
You should come to Gameday prepared to run your event
...no matter how many people have signed up for it. If you don't want to run your event, let me know as soon as possible and I will remove it from the schedule.
Gameday 32 Proposed Event Lineup
Morning: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Rivers and Lakes RPG, Reidzilla, Table G
- Star Wars Saga Ed., sw3333, Table D
- D&D 4e, Trevalon Moonleirion
- Supernatural, Ninjacat, private room
- HiBRiD, hujraadjohaansen
- Trollbabe, Nev the Deranged
- Grimoire, ekb
- GURPS, buzz
Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Serenity, TracerBullet42, private room
- D&DNext, Dokomo
- Monsterhearts, willowx
- Ghosts of Albion, WebWarlock
- Bulldogs!, Vyvyan Basterd, Table D
- Swords Without Master, Nathan Paoletta
- Griffins & Grottos, Mark, Table G
- Dungeon World, JoeBeason
This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here at that time.
Last edited by buzz; Tuesday, 19th June, 2012 at 09:34 PM.ENWorld Chicago Gameday: Getting people together to game since 2001.
- EN World
- has no influence
- on adverts that
- are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:04 AM #2
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
I'd like the private room in the afternoon for some...SERENITY!!!
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:06 AM #3
After missing the last one, I'd like to get back to Star Wars Saga at Table D in the morning. It'll be kid friendly.
How camest thou to be the siege of this mooncalf?
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:06 AM #4
Would it be acceptable to run a playtest session of D&D Next? Say the afternoon at any table.
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:14 AM #5
Gallant (Lvl 3)
I'll go ahead and claim a morning table.
Not quite sure what I'll run.
-Dresden (MAYYYBE...dunno if I can do the game justice behind the GM screen)
-AD&D 2e with some Skills & Powers characters
"My name is Will... Will Negates."
Creative Mountain Games--They do the work, so you can play!
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:15 AM #6
SPN:RoadTrip Sn2 Finale
I'd like to request Table C (private room) in the AM slot for my traditional Supernatural game. It's been a while since the Crew's last RoadTrip, and we're up to the Season 2 Finale, so I'm going to try for something special.
I'll get back to you with an image, etc., but here's a starter blurb:
Title: Curtain Call
Game: Supernatural (Cortex Classic)
As if the Crew didn't have enough to worry about with the Greek Pantheon meddling in their lives, they can't forget that the third Demon Lord of Hell is still out there, too. Asmodeus' plans seem to be moving towards some goal...a rowdy biker babe, a barmaid who's known to go hunting with her uncles, a vigilante ex-cop, an amorous Army Brat track runner, and a wise old junkyard owner have all been killed, torn up by "a wild animal"...
..Is Asmodeus siccing Hellhounds on people again? And this time it's a pretty clear calling out of the Crew; what's he up to now?
To find out, it looks like it's time for another RoadTrip.
Last edited by Ninjacat; Monday, 11th June, 2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: adding image
Ninjacat is in ur shadow, watching u game...
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:34 AM #7
Novice (Lvl 1)
I had a great time at the last event and if possible, I would love to run another HiBRiD event.
Preferred Slot: 0930 (AM)
Event Title: Big Trouble In Little Canyonside: Snakes on a Plane Redux
Game System: The HiBRiD Gaming Engine (The HiBRiD Role Playing Game Engine | Facebook)
Genre: Eighties Action
Number of Players: 3 to 12
(I can have an event description up when I get back from South Carolina...)
Thank you in advance.
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:42 AM #8
Sign me up for a morning table, probably Trollbabe. Probably 4 seats. Haven't got the book yet so I'm not sure what it takes.
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 01:50 AM #9
Gallant (Lvl 3)
Is the RPG room still open in either slot? I will run Over the Edge. You will go. OVER. THe. EDGE.
Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 02:05 AM #10
grimoire, am slot, small table
The Saint-Germain Frame (Grimoire)
The "Man who never dies" has somehow died. Murder, it seems. You're the prime suspects...
4 players (all ages), no experience necessary, pregens provided (with minor tweaking of stats at the table). Grimoire is a tarot-based RPG system, but the players in this event need nothing besides the occasional pencil and odd scrap of paper to pass notes with. A playful curiosity is helpful.
more colorful character choices to come!
- Casanova, infamous Italian rake
- Benjamin Franklin, "American" statesman and Master Mason
- Martin de Pasquale, Rosicrucian voodoo master and Saint-Germain's chief rival
- Voltaire, playwright and proto-goth entertainment superstar
- Anton Careme, architectural pastry-mancer
- Madame du Pompadour, Courtesan & His Majesty's finest swordswoman
- Othar Tryggvaasen, gentleman adventurer!
- Baron Munchausen, ... well, what needs to be said of the Baron?
Last edited by ekb; Thursday, 21st June, 2012 at 03:40 PM.