Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
Aright Shay and I have posted our actions. :)

I'm not sure if WD's still busy, hope he doesn't get mad at us for sticking him with the healybits.

And the rivalry between the ladies has started. :p

Shayuri

First Post
Rivalry? Please. I just saved you a very public humiliation when they discovered your video game based powerset, along with your supervillain inspired name.

You should be thanking me for delaying that moment. But no need. Saving the weak is what heroes do.

:)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry I have let all the questions go but been busy getting ready for holiday.

Once it is over tomorrow And I am back here (and full of turkey) I will be updating the IC and answering posted questions.

Happy T-Day everyone

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Where to start -

Should do things as a one-on-one (to start) although some characters may get done before others, especially if they succeed and the other fails.

So one-on-one as follows:

Jacie - Emergency
Michelle - Comfortable Words
John - The Weight
Kyle - Fire
Jim - You Make Me Feel Brand New

So far everyone is on track just need WD's post - Note: Ambulances on on the way and you could also try taking people to the hospital. Let's make this a power check with a high roll equalling the degree of success.

TO EVERYONE:
Are their any rules for First Aid I don't know about?

To answer your question about a re-write Jemal I will ok that for everyone who wants to go back over their character and aid subtract since we are still just scratching the surface.

So everyone may go back over and reset their PL10 character - Let's say needs to be done by 1st of the year (as holidays and such are upon us), which may also give us more time to play them, in some non-combat roles.

Jemal said:
I also wanted to talk to you about a unique feature.
Jacie the Power Gamer is fairly confident and aggressive, I'd like to take an 'aggessive' feature that lowers her Defensive PLs(dodge/parry/toughness) by 1 and raises her offensive(attack bonus/effect rank) by 1.

I could theoretically get the same effect by using all-out attack, but I'd like to have it as her 'base' that she's more focused offensively than defensively.
If you said OK to that, I'd have to do some minor rearranging on her numbers to account for it, but it shouldn't be hard.

IS this a rule of the game? If not I'm going to have to say no - because I'm still learning the regular rules. But if it is part of the game (a supplement or something) - I'd be o.k. with it but maybe you should use her Aggressiveness more an RP/Fluff thing instead of a Numbers/Crunch thing.

In the game about needing checks to create things out of ice or lifting DC's that are below your strength shouldn't require checks and just use the routine checks rule (a roll of ten) to get you your degrees of success if needed.

OK Will update the game SUN or MON giving WD enough time to post and everyone may post up again as they put out multiple fires, save more people, and such.

Happy Holidays and enjoy the leftovers.

HM

Jemal

Adventurer
Well it's 'kinda' in the rules in two ways.
Firstly, I could achieve basically the same effect by just always using the first rank or two of all-out/power attack, I just wanted to make it a permanent thing.
Secondly, minor stuff like that is what the 'feature' power is designed for - making stuff up with your DM.
EX: PL 10, standard:
dodge/parry 11, toughness 9, atk 10, DMG 10. Use allout atk 2, pwr atk 1 =
Dodge/parry 9, toughness 9, atk 11, DMG 11.
Which is essentially what I get with the feature.
There would be a benefit to the feature I don't get with the allout, which is that it would affect my line attack (which doesn't have an atk roll). But it costs a point more, so idk.
Also,
I have been doing the aggressiveness fluffwise, I just wanted to reflect it in the rules as well, and try to play a bit different char than the standar PL cap would allow - hard hitting but not cautious enough.
If you don't like it I'll just stick with having her use allout attack until she smartens up, it'd save me some points, anyways, that I could use to add some more skills.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
So HM, three things :
First, you've been doing a great job so far, keep it up. :D
Second, re: My IC Post, any thoughts on Dave?
Third, any response to my last post in this thread? (Directly above this)
I'm not going to argue it, if you don't like it I won't use it, I just need to know which character sheet to finalize. :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
#1 - Thank You - I am a comic book fan from way back so I hope it will help.

#2 - What has happen to Dave I will leave up to you. What would you like to see happen to increase your character development of Jacie. Is Dave hurt and on his deathbed and the rash Jacie wants t find out what has happen and who is to blame for the Silver Storm? Is he ok and developed some odd power (permanent cloud of mist) or was he mutated and now looks like Igor on a bad day?

EVERYONE: I wish to leave most of the non-heroic side of your character's lives up to you. I will occasionally try to throw a monkey wrench in any of your plans to keep you on your toes. And please list your "supporting cast" in your RG post to give me a who's who of the people around each of you. Maybe an sblock of what a "normal" day would entail also.

#3 - I'd rather keep with using all out attack/ power attack combo and add in the aggressiveness into your Complications. Thus you could gain HP by being aggressive when the situation calls for a more defensive approach.

Question for you Jemal - The medallion that Dante comes from. Has that been something Jacie has had all her life? Just found it? Or gained it during the Silver Storm? I ask because I would like to keep the origins of Dante a little secret (even to Jacie, maybe even to Dante) and find out about him/it as we play.

HM

Jemal

Adventurer
The medallion was either a gift she got a while ago, or a prize for winning her first gaming competition, but either way I figure she's had it for at least a few years.
heading to work will respond to rest later tonight when i get a chance.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, so..
I'm thinking the medallion was given to Jacie by her college boyfriend whom she later lost touch with, around the time he managed to convince her to get deeper into gaming, as a 'good luck charm', and she's worn it ever since.
On another look through of my sheet, I've also noticed that as it stands right now, Jacie's minion advantages are NOT tied to the medallion (They're bought normally under advantages). I'm going to swap them into being granted by the medallion, so we can more directly link Dante to it.

I had my own thoughts about who/what Dante is, did you have something specific you'd like to go with of your own?
I was thinking that he could be an actual part of Jacie, or perhaps linked somehow to the boyfriend who got her into gaming (Perhaps he was some sort of 'gaming spirit', guiding her towards her destiny?).

As far as Dave, I had a few thoughts on that as well, but the one I'm leaning towards most is him transforming (Possibly more slowly than the other stormers) into a supervillain himself, having been adversely affected by the storm.
I'm not sure how much leeway is available in this adventure, if you'll be fully following the set 'adventure path' or doing stuff on your own. If it is the former, you could still just slightly alter some background on a future villain who fits the general profile to make him 'Dave' and give Jacie a goal of trying to save him, as she knew him fairly well before the storm, and knows it must have done something to his personality.
This could add some more depth and meaning to a future plotline.

If you don't like that idea, I'll go with something else.

RE: Aggressiveness : Okie dokey.

Also, was wondering if you had any input on this:
Now, it makes sense to me that Dante, being a database, should be able to help people with things like treatment, but he can't actually do it himself..
so I have two ideas regarding this :
A) Ranks of treatment with the "Affects others" modifier applied.. he would essentially be able to 'talk others through it'. Same could be applied to Technology.
B) Alternately I could give him ranks of Treatment with the limit "Only useable for diagnosis and Team Checks"? Basically he can diagnose people very well, and can tell others how to treat them, but can't perform the treatment himself.
**And yes, I know treatment scenarios like this aren't likely to come up very often, the current situation just made me realize it and think about it.**

Here's my revised sheet, not 100%, still need to tweak Dante's skills once i find out about treatment, and have 2 points unspent on Jacie. Probably upping some skills.
[sblock=PowerGamer Jacie]
Gamer Girl Jacie - PL 10 (150 PP)
AKA Power Gamer

Abilities: 22pp
STR 0
STA 1 (2pp)
DEX 0
AGI 2 (4pp)
FGT 0
INT 4 (8pp)
AWE 2 (4pp)
PRE 2 (4pp)

Speed: 30; W/Boots: 120 (Ground & jump)

Offenses:
Initiative: +2 (2 agi) W/Boots: +6
Melee Attack: +0 (0 fgt)
Ranged Attack: +0 (0 dex)
Specific Attacks:
Beam saber: +12, Toughness DC 23, Crit 16-20, Smash, Takedown, Range: Melee
Rapid Fire: +12, Toughness DC 23, Multi-attack, Ignore Cover, Range: 200/400/800
Charged Shot: +8, Toughness DC 27, Crit 19-20, Imp. Aim, Range: 300/600/1200
Charged Stream: Dodge DC 20. Dodge Fail=Toughness DC 25. Dodge Success=Tough DC 20, Area: Line 5'wide X 60' Long.
EM Pulse: +10, Toughness DC 25, Nullify 10(All Electrical and Magnetic based effects simultaneously), Range 50/100/250

Defenses: (10 pp)
Dodge: +11 (3 base + 2 agi + 6 Enhanced)
Parry: +11 (2 base + 0 fgt + 9 Enhanced)
Toughness: +9 (1 sta + 8 Protection)
Fort +8 (2 base + 1 sta + 5 Enhanced)
Will +12 (3 base + 2 awe + 7 Enhanced)

Skills: (58 ranks= 28pp)
Acrobatics(+5/3), Athletics (+3/3), Deception(+12/10), Insight(+10/8), Investigation(+5/1), Perception(+12/10), Persuassion(+10/8), Technology(+5/1), Expertise: Eclectic Knowledge (+10/6), Expertise: Gaming (+10/6),

Advantages: 11 pp
Attractive(Rank 2 w/suit), All-Out Attack, Taunt, Skill Mastery: Deception & Insight, Fearless *See Complications*, Luck 2 *3 w/Medalion, + Showoff Feature*
Benefit: Status & Wealth 1 (Pro Gamer) *Quirk/Limitation: Jacie's status and wealth are both dependant on her attending (and doing well in) Gaming tournaments a few times a year. Also her status is only useful with geeks and e-sports fans.*
Benefit: Eclectic Knowledge *Jacie does a lot of studying and reading and has gathered a lot of information on a wide array of subjects: Make in place of expertise checks, but ONLY to know things, not do things*
MEDALLION: Minion 5, Showoff, Enhanced Luck
SUIT: Enhanced Attractive
VISOR: Accurate Attack, PowerAttack,
BOOTS: Instant Up, Improved Initiative, Move by Action
BEAM SABER: Improved Defense, Weapon Break, Improved Smash, Takedown 2

Powers: 77 pp
Self:
Feature: Special Effect (Music) (1pp) - There always tends to be a fitting song on whenever something important/interesting is happening in Jacie's life.
Quickness 1 - 1pp *Total Quickness 1 mental, 3 physical counting boots*
Senses : Communication Link(AI) - 1pp

Lucky Medallion: (14-3 Removable)=11 pp
Enhanced Advantages: Luck, MinionX5 - 6 pp
Enhanced Will +7 - 7pp
Feature: Showoff (One use of Extra Effort that doesn't cause Fatigue) - 1pp
*based off the Luck advantage*

*Jacie can now summon her 'True Self' to the surface, Combining her Inner Gamer with her Athletic Desires. She creates from her mind a super-powered suit (Complete with helmet, boots, and power glove) to channel her power through. When she is not 'transformed', the power is 'stored' in the form of her Lucky medallion - A silver D-pad.*

Gamer Girl Transformation: 63 pp
[Removable, Activation 1(move)] 6+10+14+34-1(Activation) = 63
Helmet: (8 pp)=6
Enhanced Advantages: Accurate Attack, Power Attack, Second Chance:Vision (Sight Dependent attacks/Visual Illusions), - 3pp
Super Senses: Counters Concealment(All) - 5pp

Sexy Super-Suit: (13 pp)=10
Protection 7 - 7pp
Enhanced Fort 5 - 5pp
Revealing: (Enhanced Advantage: Attractive) - 1pp

Dash Boots: (18 pp)=14
Speed 2, Leaping 4, Quickness 2(Limited: Physical) - 7pp
Movement 2: Slow Fall, Wall Crawling(Jumping) 2(Limited: Not ceilings, uses jumping*wall jump*) - 2pp
Enhanced Defenses: +6 Dodge - 6pp
Enhanced Advantages: Instant Up, Improved Initiative, Move by Action - 3pp

Power Glove: (9+35-1 = 43pp)=34
*Quirk: Glove takes up entire arm, preventing her from using that hand for anything else.* (-1)
Enhanced Defenses: +9 Parry - 9pp
Damage Array: (31 point pool + 4 Alternate = 35 pp)
- Beam Saber (31)
Damage 8 (Penetrating+1, AccurateX6, Improved CritX4, Improved Defense, Improved Smash, Weapon Break, TakedownX2) *2/rank+15=31*
- Rapid fire(31)
Damage 8 (Ranged+1, Multi-attack+1, AccurateX6, Precise Attack: Cover) *3/rank+7=31*
- Charged Shot (31)
Damage 12 (Ranged+1, AccurateX4, Improved Aim, Ultimate Aim, Improved Crit) *2/rank+7=31*
- Charged Stream (30)
Damage 10 (Area: Line+2) *3/rank=30*
- Electro-Magnetic Pulse (13+18=31)
Damage 10(Ranged+1, AccurateX5, Distracting-1, Diminished RangeX2): *1/rank+3=13
Linked: Nullify 10(Broad+1: Technological/Electro-Magnetic, Simultaneous+1, Distracting-1, Diminished RangeX2): 2/rank-2=18 pts.

COST: 22 Abilities + 28 Skills + 11 Advantages + 77 Powers + 10 Defenses = 148/150

[sblock=rank 5 MINION]
Dante (Dantai=Defenive(Didactic?) Advisory Neurolink and Tactical Artificial Intelligence.)
Abilities: -20pp
NO STR, STA, AGI, DEX, FGT : (-50)
INT 10 (20pp)
AWE 5 (10pp)
PRE 0 (0pp)

Defenses: (5 pp)
Toughness: As Suit *See habitation, below*
Will +10 (5 base + 5 awe)

Skills: (40 ranks = 20 pp)
Insight(+15/10), Investigation(+15/5), Perception (+15/10), Technology (+20/10),
Treatment(+15/5)*Depending on limit/additions*
Eidetic Memory: Expertise knowledge (+10)

Advantages: 9pp
Assessment, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Well Informed
Skill masteryX5: Insight/Investigation/Perception/Technology/Treatment *I took skill mastery with all the skills he has trained to replicate him always 'taking his time' as a computer entity.

Powers: 61
Habitation(Feature/Quirk : The AI 'inhabits' the various parts of Jacie's suit (mostly her Medallion), and takes damage whenever any of those parts are damaged. He has no other corporeal form, though due do his immortality, will 'return' to Jacie even if destroyed. -1pp

Immortality 16: Limited(Jacie's death/destruction of Medallion) - 8pp
*The AI can be knocked offline, but he'll just 'reboot' so long as Jacie survives along with the Medallion. Takes 1 minute to reboot*
Immunity : Fortitude - 30pp
Senses 14 - 14pp
-GPS (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Tracking)
-Advanced Sensors (Extended Analytical Radius Counters Concealment Sight, Extended Analytical Radio, Extended Analytical Hearing)
Feature: Record (Can record what he sees/hears and play it back on devices he connects to) - 1pp
Communication: Radio & Wi-fi 2 - 4pp
Quickness 10 (Limited: Mental) - 5pp *over 1000 times faster than human*

COST: -20 Abilities + 20 Skills + 9 Advantages + 61 Powers + 5 Defenses = 75/75[/sblock]

Complications:
Motivation: The Challenge/Proving herself - Jacie is always looking for the next challenging thing to conquer.
Arachnaphobic - Jacie is fairly jaded, and not much tends to phase her.. except spiders.. *shudder*
Caffeine Addiction - As a long-time Pro Gamer, Jacie practically lives off Caffeine, and doesn't do so well without it.
Showoff/Overconfident/Aggressive - Exactly what it says.

Background:
Jacie was a highschool athlete, loving the thrill and adrenaline rush. She wasn't bad at it, but never quite the best, either, having always been more mentally gifted than physically. She has tried her hand at several sports - Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, and then some more extreme sports, including Parkour, Snowboarding, Sky diving, and Base Jumping.
Her boyfriend in college introduced her to the gaming circuit, and she found that the rush of a good game was very similar, but that there was one major difference - In this, her intellect was a great advantage.
After about a year of gaming, Jacie had made it into the pro circuit, and has been playing in professional tournaments for over a year now.

The 24 year old red-head still tries to keep in shape and occasionally enjoys her less cerebral activities when she has a chance.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases