Vampire Bestiary - Now Available (feedback, errata in this thread)

Howdy Khisanth mate!

Khisanth the Ancient said:
Who or what is Chthon? A Wendigo primordial?

Exactly. Chthon is a massive Primordial who is responsible for the creation of the Wendigo.

Similarly in the same way Shub-Niggurath created the Vampire Intelligences.

All the vampires have some sort of immortal waiting for you at the end of the hierarchy. ;)

Wendigo Leviathans, Mega-size … sounds cool... what book are the Mega-size rules planned to be in?

Whichever is the first book with a Mega-size monster in it. Which will be the first epic book (whatever that is*).

*ie. at this juncture it won't be one of the first three Vampire Bestiaries since they only go up to Level 20. Everything after that is epic material though.

Incidentally - just wanted to say I have been working the past few nights - hence the reason I haven't updated the website again. :eek:

Oh, also ... in the 'thumbnail' descriptions for the Wendigo Abomination (Solo 6) and Behemoth (Solo 11), you describe them as a threat to a village and town respectively. But elsewhere (like in the 'Epic Tier Dragons' box in 'Asmodeus Unleashed' on the site) you've given the list as Solo 1-5: threat to village, 6-10: town, 11-15: city, etc. Why the difference?

Hey Khisanth mate! :)

Oh, also ... in the 'thumbnail' descriptions for the Wendigo Abomination (Solo 6) and Behemoth (Solo 11), you describe them as a threat to a village and town respectively. But elsewhere (like in the 'Epic Tier Dragons' box in 'Asmodeus Unleashed' on the site) you've given the list as Solo 1-5: threat to village, 6-10: town, 11-15: city, etc. Why the difference?

You mean I am 'out' by a single level. :D

As regards the Temple of Death, I almost finished it on my last spell off from work (just the last few statblocks and finishing the adventure bit). Its possible I might get it finished for in around January 1st, although I am unsure exactly what I'll get done over the next 3-4 days, with Xmas and having to work Boxing Night.

You mean I am 'out' by a single level. :D

Sorry to nitpick, just wondering...

As regards the Temple of Death, I almost finished it on my last spell off from work (just the last few statblocks and finishing the adventure bit). Its possible I might get it finished for in around January 1st, although I am unsure exactly what I'll get done over the next 3-4 days, with Xmas and having to work Boxing Night.

I'm very eager to see it... is the art all done? Once it's finished can it be sold pretty much immediately or does other stuff have to be done before publication?

Also will that epic 'appendix' you mentioned once on these forums be in there?

Merry Christmas Khisanth mate! :)

Sorry to nitpick, just wondering...

I think to be fair the levels for the wendigo may have shifted a few times during development.

I'm very eager to see it... is the art all done?

All the art is finished (and cleaned - getting a lot of 'noise' on some scans which takes a while to clean in photoshop) although I am toying with the idea of commissioning one more quarter page illustration for the Dakini. I suspect Peter (the artist) could knock that out in a few days so I am sure if there are any delays it will all be my fault (as usual).

Once it's finished can it be sold pretty much immediately or does other stuff have to be done before publication?

Once its done I'll have it on sale within the minute. :)

Also will that epic 'appendix' you mentioned once on these forums be in there?

Not yet. The epic appendix will be in the Vampire Bestiary 'trilogy' (combined Mountain of the Cannibal God, Temple of Death and Castle Dracula).

For those just wanting the epic material I may release an Expanded Vampire Bestiary Epic Appendix as its own pdf. But initially at least it will be part of the combined book.

beej said:
So, U_K...

Howdy beej mate! :)

Is there any chance that we'd hear more news regarding the succeeding vampire bestiaries? :D

Yes, sorry about the lack of updates. I've had (lens replacement) eye surgery on BOTH eyes now (as of last Thursday) and I'm getting back into the swing of things this weekend. Everything went well.

I should have the mapped version of VB1 by the end of the week (fingers crossed). With VB2 to follow within a few weeks of that (end of the month lets say). So hopefully get things back on track.

Wondering what a good price point for a (72 page) softcover book is - as regards the print version.

Remove ads