Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

Jemal

Adventurer
"OOOH No you don't.."
Jacie's arm cannon begins to charge up as she crouches, leaping again into the air - this time straight up. As she rises, she levels her gun and takes aim, Firing a pulse of energy straight down as she passes directly overhead of Magnet girl. The pulse strikes her just as she is about to attack, demagnetizing the metalic shards flying around her and dropping them to the ground.
"I'm not done with you!" Jacie lands nearby, cocky grin even wider than before.

[sblock=Stats]Jacie stats:
Dodge/parry 19, toughness +9, fort +8, will +12
Luck X2, Showoff X0, HP 0
Fearless, Second Chance:Vision (Sight Dependent attacks/Visual Illusions),
Super Senses: Counters Concealment(All)[/sblock]
OOC: Using Jacie's 'showoff' ability to perform a Power stunt on my gun.

ACTION: Readied action to Counter Death Magnetic's attack with my own. The jumping overhead thing is just fluff using my move-by action, shouldn't have any effect on combat, Jacie can land wherever you want her.

*NOTE: This does not actually happen until DM activates her attack (Which I and my character are both assuming is going to be a big magnetic attack with all that swirling metal against Michelle*

Attack missed with a 2 >< LUCK FEAT! Reroll hits with a whopping 31 b/c of the '+10 if below 10' rule, so DM will need a DC 23 Toughness save, and a DC 25 Will save. Failure on the will save means her magnetic attack is countered. I've written my post assuming this is the case, if she makes it feel free to disregard or have her pick the metal back up and use it to whup mah butt. ;)

Here's the Alt Effect I'm using for this round:
Electro-Magnetic Pulse:
Damage 8(AccurateX6, Ranged+1): *2/rank+6=22
Linked: Nullify 8(Electro/Magnetic): 8 pts.

BTW, in keeping with the 'megaman' theme of gaining new powers by defeating bosses, I plan on using a PP after this fight to add this power to Jacie's arm cannon full-time.. Assuming we defeat Death Magnetic.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
John stops his assault on the octo-freak, and is stricken surprisingly. Thoughts are racing through his head What do I do? What do I do? He ponders for but a split second. I know ... do what I always do best! "Hey come on don't let a normal person take your glory. I'm giving it all I got, and it seems there's nothing I can do to you, and your impenetrable tentacles. At least when you're going to win, don't let someone else take your glory, let the person go, and beat me one on one."

OOC: Trying to use a deception check on octo-man here to put that civie down. Not sure if he gets a +5 or +10 bonus, but either way it does put him at a risk. Either way it fails horrendously.

[sblock=Status]
Damage: 10
Dodge: 6
Parry: 7
Toughness: 10
Impervious: 10
Fort: 10
Will: 6
Condition:
Saves Penalty:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
OOC:
HM, I believe Shayuri was hoping Michelle could get a surprise attack due to Death Magnetic being unable to see where she is.

If you didn't notice/know what to do, Surprise attacks treat the target as Vulnerable (Pg 18) Which reduces their active defenses (dodge/parry bonus) by half. Given the values you gave me from my AI, that would leave DM at a 14 dodge, giving Michelle a hit (But no extra successes for Multiattack)

On the other hand, If you're ruling she doesn't get it, then please ignore the preceeding. (Though invisibility/surprise does seem to be a part of Shay's character).

I was wondering about the tactics, thanks for the reference about Vulnerability. Taking into account it was a hit and I rolled an 18 on her save.

Problem is Michelle is not up to date in the RG, still PL5 so not sure as to the dmg. Giving her the benefit of the doubt her lazar will be higher than 3 I will give Death Magnetic a -1 to toughness rolls from here on out.

Also rolling Octoman's opposed check and Death magnetic's toughness before posting their actions.[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]

Round 4:
Angus: escaping

Kyle:
up (need Insight roll DC 18 first)

Chelsea:
de-charged; moves into melee with Jacie

Michelle: up

James Marks: attack hit

Jacie:
EMP attack successful

Harry: spends turn indecisive

John:
up

toughness penalties:
Kyle -1
Death Magnetic -2[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Death magnetic and all the metal around her drop to the ground in a noise clinking of metal. "What did you do?" she asks through clenched teeth.

"No, I won't be powerless again." she yells as she drags the stop sign behind her and runs towards Jacie. "And your no Power Gamer! I'll see you run out of lives no matter what it takes."

She moves to within striking distance of Jacie.

"What are you saying?" Octaman says as he looks troubled. "How can this guy take my thunder? He's got no power. No way to stop me."

The delay doesn't get Octaman to drop his captive but it does give John another chance to take the big squid out.

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

"Some villain you are! Running away at the first sign of resistance!" he yells at the retreating Lightshow as he continues to move to help the people crouched behind the cart.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Apologies. RG is updated. Somehow I fixed my sheet but forgot to fix the RG. *sheepish* Her laser's base damage is 10, so DC 25. That can go up if she hits with a high margin of success, as it has Multiattack to represent an extended duration beam that does more damage if trained accurately on a target.)

"Damnit," Michelle muttered. "This is getting out of hand in a hurry!"

With no easy way to stop Magnetic...even a laser beam had barely slowed her down...she did the only thing she could think of to keep Jacie from getting clobbered.

All around the two, Jacie and her foe, sudden darkness plunged in as all light in the area was suddenly absorbed, or perhaps simply ceased to be. The darkness was immediate and total, encasing both of them in a black hemisphere.

(Using Concealment attack...30' radius of Total Concealment to normal vision....trying to place it so that it only affects them if possible. Not sure if I can voluntarily reduce the area or not. :))

Jemal

Adventurer
"What the.." Jacie is surprised by the darkness.
visual senses disrupted, compensating. Dante's voice is in her ear as her visor activates.
"I love this suit!"
OOC: penetrates concealment, using the darkness as an excuse to find out about it :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Kyle moves to get between the people and the dark mist. As they cower he wonders if there is a way to deflect or block it from reaching them. (This "black fog" is rolling along the ground.)

Since the human octopus didn't drop his hostage John keeps his erg to throw another punch in check. The squid has a good poker face, and he's not sure if he will crush the poor man or not.

OOC: Next round and everyone is up because the high INIT villains are either out or have fled.

Walking Dad

First Post
Greyhound vs ?

Greyhound tries to use his newfound super-speed to evacuate the civilians from the rolling black fog. This should take this problem from the other heroes shoulders.

[sblock=OOC]

Active Arrays:
Quickness 10, Speed 15
Fast Attack

---

HP 1

conditions: normal

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
FORTITUDE 10 - WILL 10
DODGE 15 - PARRY 15
TOUGHNESS 5/3* *Without Costume
[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle manages to reach the people in danger before the strange black fog reached them. It worried him that it kept getting closer and closer. He wasn't sure if he could get the people out before the fog reached them. He had no idea what the fog would do but he highly suspected that it was not beneficial.

If only he could figure out a way to temporarily block it. Well, he could throw balls of ice, what else could he do?

Concentrating for a moment, he pictured in his mind a wall of ice, like a skating rink turned on its side.

"Don't worry folks, I'm here to help you. I'll get you out of here, I promise."

OOC: I wasn't sure if I needed a roll for the create power.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases