Looks like there will be some announcements at GenCon this year. Well, announcements is probably a bit leading... more like a celebration of what's coming with what I hope is more info on the new edition.

If I hadn't broken my leg and used up my vacation time, I would get myself to GenCon this year. Should be fun.

Here's the info from the GenCon Newsletter today...

The Future of Dungeons & Dragons

Calling all heroes, your presence is required! Join us for an unprecedented look into the future of Dungeons & Dragons, including the evolution of the game, the re-birth of a fantasy setting and the next generation of art.

Wizards of the Coast is proud to host the first-ever keynote address at Gen Con on Thursday, August 16 to share with D&D fans whats in store for the game that has changed gaming forever. Speakers include President and CEO of Wizards Greg Leeds, Senior Manager for D&D Research and Design, Mike Mearls and some of the greatest creative minds in the industry. The keynote begins at 7:00 pm in the 500 Ballroom of the Indianapolis Convention Center and will be live-streamed at DungeonsandDragons.com/events.

For more information or to register for this event, click here. Note: A valid Gen Con Indy 2012 badge is required to register.