Proposal: Silversheen (Special Material)

Rhydius

First Post
I'm proposing the inclusion of Silversheen (described here) as a special material.

In part because I've already rolled for a weapon with it in the Mystic Pearl (got ahead of myself there), but I chose it essentially because it stands out as an alchemical equivalent to stainless-steel.

Qik

First Post
Yeah, every once in a while, the wheels turn smoothly around here. :p

Still one more vote before it's official, though. But you're on your way. ;)

Rhydius

First Post
[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] what are your misgivings on it? I understand that it's got approval already, but I'd still like to know what about it in particular you didn't like.

GlassEye

Adventurer
what are your misgivings on it? I understand that it's got approval already, but I'd still like to know what about it in particular you didn't like.

It's a rather nebulous dislike but analyzing it it seems mostly rooted in that there is already an item named Silversheen. I suppose I would prefer if they had named it 'Argentum' or some such. Also, it overshadows alchemical silver. Alchemical silver is inexpensive but because of the damage penalty as soon as someone gets enough cash they'll trade up for Silversheen. Which isn't a bad thing; I guess I just wish they had coordinated their item creation a bit better. As it stands there is Silversheen (material), Silversheen (item), Alchemical silver, and weapon blanch (silver). All of which are minor variations of the same thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases