ZEITGEIST Vorne's Zeitgeist campaign

Vorne

First Post
We started this session on the morning of the second day of summer. The constables had requested a spirit medium to speak with Nilasa and determine what happened to her. They came away with the knowledge that she was working for the terrorist named Gale, and got a description of the shadowy clawed man who had attacked her. Because her body had been brought back to the RHC and was being prepped for autopsy, the hidden vial was found on her person, and identified as a used elixir of invisibility, an illegal item. The constables filed this information away for future use, but were resolute in tracking down the doctor and finding out what he took from her body.

It was thus fortuitous for them that a shady character found them, handing over a note indicating Lorcan Kell wanted to discuss the good doctor with them. The party headed over to the parity lake district, and were both suspicious and grateful when Trip seemed to easily navigate the area, knowing several people around (Trip is a somewhat amoral mercenary, who recently has been hiring out to the RHC, but previously had done jobs for Kell).

I played the following encounter exactly as written, with the party chasing thieves into Kell's theater, and him offering the bad deal of trading the doctor for 1,000 gold whilst his "comedy" was on display. This horrified most of the party...except Trip, who, not wanting to break his ties to Kell, chuckled along with the rest of Kell's goons. This of course caused the rest of the party to start wondering about which side he is truly on, we will see how that pans out. However, the party insisted they could not pay the 1,000 gold, but...they could maybe look the other way when they see Kell's men, and try to keep official pressure off him if he would trade them the doctor for that privilege. I was stunned that they would offer this deal of their own volition. I considered saying no, but it seemed very much like a deal Kell could capitalize on and so the deal was sealed. I will need to find ways to hurt them / make them want to break the deal later. If nothing else, the audit next adventure will definitely find this out.

The party, minus Dorinn (had to leave early) headed to confront Wolfgang. They took a very hardball stance with him, causing him to not be terribly sympathetic to helping, but eventually softened enough for him to hand over his file. Of course, just after this, the party noticed intruders, and battle was on! Due largely to bad rolls, Creed utterly failed at knocking Wolfgang unconscious, and was forced to flee out the front door. The constables, following closely behind, discovered steel bars across the formerly open doorway and discovered they were trapped. And...break for 2 weeks right at that point.

---

I know players are always unpredictable, but promising the crime boss Lorcan Kell free reign, while threatening to throw the book at Wolfgang was a curve ball. Some of the players were discussing how cool it is to be a crooked cop (I blame The Shield for this). We shall see what I can come up with to challenge that thought.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
I know players are always unpredictable, but promising the crime boss Lorcan Kell free reign, while threatening to throw the book at Wolfgang was a curve ball. Some of the players were discussing how cool it is to be a crooked cop (I blame The Shield for this). We shall see what I can come up with to challenge that thought.

I know what you mean. In my game, the PCs' leader has done a lot of things behind the party's back. It's mostly in relation to the Unseen Court, but there's plenty of other off the books stuff that happen. It seems to mainly stem from a desire to keep the rest of the party, as well as the RHC itself 'clean'.

The party as a whole seems to be embracing the idea that the public doesn't need to know the lengths Risur's guardians go to in order to protect them. It's an idea going down well with Delft (he knows the realities of the job) and Saxby (it keeps the Council of Lords happy).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases