[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Systole

First Post
Sylla grunts. "Our employers are fools. Holy fools, perhaps, but fools nonetheless. We've seen two different kinds of raiders already -- the obsidian-wielding savages and these bandits who use flaming arrows and small axe. They'll be dead within the year."

The elf ponders this and then adds. "You should give the old broad a roll in the hay and talk her into an advance on our salary."

[sblock=OOC]Just to confirm, caravan is heading more-or-less in the direction of the village, and the raiders were heading more-or-less away from the village? This suggests to Sylla that the raiders are not an immediate threat to the caravan.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
As far as Sylla and Denizel can tell the raiders arrived from the west and returned in that direction after their attack.

It isn't long before Vincenzo arrives with a few scavengers and horses in tow and word that the caravan will be arriving soon. The men flinch away from the scene of death but quickly put that behind them as they go to work. "These wagons look right nice. If you all don't want 'em fer yer own selves I'm sure the Lady will give you fair price."

EDIT:
GM: First post updated with current XP and treasure totals.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Regretfully, I am not in the market for wagons, but maybe one of the others, perhaps?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +7; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Please be aware. I will be away on my Honeymoon from the 4th to the 11th. I may be able to check in, starting on the 7th, but I know for a fact I won't have service before then.

Denziel casually waves the scavengers off, showing no interest in the wagons. "I don't think I am currently in an appropriate position to attempt your idea Sylla." Denizel states things casually while looking over the ring. "You'd have a better chance wooing Captain Threws. . ."

A wicked smile crosses his face. "You know Sylla, this is a ring of arcane spell storing. It's really only useful to you and me. You could take it, and I could cast Charm Person. Might be useful if you were to attempt some. . . diplomacy."

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 3/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla shrugs, the jibe lost on her. "I am not so facile with my affections, bard."

"I bet you I could woo Captain Threws," Boots says. "I can woo anyone. I'm probably the best woo-er for probably ten leagues around. Maybe even thirteen leagues."

Sylla's face goes totally blank, and there's a quiet moment before she responds. "Boots, do you know what 'woo' means?" she asks.

"Sure I do!" the darkwolf declares, and then throws his head back and bays. "WOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOoo....."

After the demonic howling dies away, Sylla says, "Definitely louder -- and somewhat classier -- than Denizel's usual method. Still, don't do that for Captain Threws."

[sblock=OOC]Happy honeymoon and stuff.

Sylla is not particularly interested in the ring.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, not even willing to comment at the two.

[sblock=ooc]Well I think the ring is only useful to Denizel or Sylla. If Sylla doesn't want one of Denizel's spells I could take one of yours. I could take Shield and tank a bit when needed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 3/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I bet you I could woo Captain Threws," Boots says. "I can woo anyone. I'm probably the best woo-er for probably ten leagues around. Maybe even thirteen leagues."

Sylla's face goes totally blank, and there's a quiet moment before she responds. "Boots, do you know what 'woo' means?" she asks.

"Sure I do!" the darkwolf declares, and then throws his head back and bays. "WOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOoo....."

After the demonic howling dies away, Sylla says, "Definitely louder -- and somewhat classier -- than Denizel's usual method. Still, don't do that for Captain Threws."

OOC: that would have made a great halloween joke.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Boots' baying startles the horses being hitched to the wagons and the men Vincenzo brought have a difficult time settling them again in the traces. They give Boots wary looks as if expecting him to burst out in another bout of howling but they finish harnessing the horses. Not long after that another rider from the caravan arrives at the site. She reigns in near Sylla, Denizel, and Boots and salutes awkwardly.

"The Lady has decided that instead of pushing on to the village and setting up camp in the dark the caravan will camp where it is and we'll push on in the morning." She looks grimly at the burnt wagon. "Bypassing this, I hope."

Riding back to the caravan with the Rundaine wagons is slow going though the Rundaine wagons seem better designed to handle trackless travel than the ones possessed by the settlers. Regardless, the group arrives back at the caravan without further incident. Captain Threws takes a report and then the group is free as the evening camp guards take over the watc

jbear

First Post
Maui is subdued when they make camp for the night. He asks the others what they discovered and listens quietly to any reply. "Te eyes will take days to heal. Until then I hope we do not find te trouble. Or te trouble find us."

He then settles himself in for the night near the horses, making no offer to take watch, though Taniwha remains alert for some time before drifting off to sleep.

Remove ads