[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Tonight we rest. Watches as usual. Tomorrow, we visit the town." Her eyes narrow. "And we visit in force, with weapons in hand. Something is not right."

"Sylla, the hunting cat agrees." the swordsman draws his rapier slowly and quietly.

[sblock=Mini Stats-corrections made due to level-up]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 46/46
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (+ variances)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +3
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +8; Dam: 1d6 + 4, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: none
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui nods at Vincenzo's reply, stroking Taniwha calmly. The jungle cat replies giving his master a bite on the hand, just hard enough to draw blood. Sleepily, ignoring the bite Maui replies.

"Not fear, Handsome Blade. Excitement. I feel te Dream Land step close. Tonight we will have te visitor. Until te morning, good night."

Maui gets up and leaves, Taniwha padding by his side, muscles visibly pulsing and tense below his fur. They find a sheltered spot in the open and curl up together for warmth. Sleep comes quickly, though the dreams that accompany it are fitful and fierce. Both man and beast shudder, twitch, scratch, bite and growl lost in a distant world. Those close enough can hear the popping and stretching of flesh and bones before Maui lets out a bestial howl of agony which Taniwha answers with another, though both are still held firmly by the savage visitor to their dreams who brings the painful gift of power.

In the morning they do not wake until woken. Both look exhausted, and Maui's features are even more animal like than before. "Two visitors ... " he mumbles still confused and half asleep. "Cat Mother and te Lizard Bird ..." When Taniwha stands it is evident the cheetah has grown to its full size overnight.

[sblock=Question] If Maui uses Eagle Eye spell, will he be able to see from that vantage point, or will the spell not work because he is blind? This will influence his spell choice for the day [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
AC: 19
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditions: Blind

In Hand:
Scimitar +1: +8; 1d6+5 (Crit 18-20:x2)

Spells: Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
1st: 4 to choose
2nd: 3 to choose
Wild Shape:

Wand of CLW Uses: 16/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 50/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 49/50
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 20
HP: 34 Current: 34
CMB: Trip/Disarm +7 CMD: 22 (26 vs Trip) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +2

Conditions:

Bite: +9; 1d6+4 dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +9; 1d3+4 dmg
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Thanks for being patient while I was out traveling.

jbear, I think Eagle Eye uses your current visual acuity so I don't think it will help you out. Systole, if you have an opinion on how it should work I'd be interested in hearing it.

Early in the morning Captain Threws comes seeking out Denizel, Maui, Sylla, and Vincenzo. Her mouth is held in a thin line that seems to indicate that she is displeased or worried about something. Once they finally manage to rouse Maui and have gathered together Threws lets out her breath in long sigh.

"The Lady is set upon visiting this town. It would be good to buy whatever supplies we can get and maybe make some contacts but I am concerned with this raid and the nearness of raiders to this town." Threws pauses and her brow furrows as she examines Maui and glances down at Taniwha. Her lips twitch and she keenly looks at the others then continues. "Based on your report it will probably take most of the day for the caravan to reach the town. I've put the caravan on alert and set out extra guards. I am aware you have special sets of skills. How best would they be employed today?"

-- - Captain Threws - --

jbear

First Post
"Agreed. We should ride ahead and see te town before te caravan arrives. I do not have te eyes to guide me, but I have Taniwha's nose. If there is danger, we will find it first."

Systole

First Post
"We'll scout the town. If the townsfolk not welcoming, I am sure we can adjust their viewpoint." She rubs a thumb along the length of her bow. "One way or another."

[sblock=Eagle Eye]"As if you were there" suggests to me that if you're blind down below, then you're just as blind up above. It's not hugely game-breaking if you figure that it makes a magical conduit directly into the caster's brain, but it does provide a way to circumvent actual blindess. "I cast Eagle Eye at a height of 5 and a half feet,, centered on my nose." I think the best solution is not opening that [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Captain Threws nods in acceptance of the plan to send an advance scout to the town ahead of the slow moving caravan. She flicks Sylla a glance before voicing her approval.

"Good. You can suss out the mood of the town, prepare them for our arrival, maybe find out why they did nothing for the Rundaine wagons. It would be best if you could do this without shooting any of the townsfolk. Their good will may be important to the success of our colony. Very well then."

Captain Threws gives Denizel a nod then looks long at Maui. "By all accounts these Pellmen hold their holy men in high regard; you should go with the others as they scout, despite the injuries to your eyes. Maybe once they learn we have a holy man amongst us and are led by a prophetess they will be more inclined to peaceful interaction."

[sblock=OOC]I'll wait another day for any preparations you might want to make (if any) and to give [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION] a chance to check in.[/sblock]

-- - Captain Threws - --

jbear

First Post
Maui nods. "Maybe, if we are lucky te town has a healer who can help with te eyes"

Maui stands, placing his hand on Taniwha's back, ready to leave. He waits for Vincenzo to guide him towards his horse.

[sblock=OOC] I am trying to come to terms with Maui's Beast shape. The power descriptions doesn't seem to make a few things very clear for me. So any insight would be great.

1) Do I use Maui's HPs or the animal's HPs eg. Jaguar comes with 26 hps; Maui has 38 HPs. This seems like a significant loss. Or does he use his own HPs?

Same question for his ability scores, saves, feats, and skills? Do I use Jaguar's or Maui's? Colour me confused!

Also I took Animal Messenger as a level 2 spell; a bit lame I know but I thought we might be able to use it to send word back to the caravan quickly should something untoward happen. Good idea, or dumb idea? [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
AC: 19
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +5 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Conditions: Blind (3 days left)

In Hand:
Scimitar +1: +8; 1d6+5 (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: Obscuring Mist; CLWx2; Charm Animal
2nd: Bull's Strength, Bark Skin, Animal Messenger
Wild Shape: 1/1 uses left per day: 4 hours left
[sblock=Jaguar Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent; [Perception +9 or Maui's?]
[Init +3 or Maui's]
[AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +4 natural) or Does this become Maui with no armour+2: 14?]
hp 26/26 (or Maui's HPs?)
Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +2 (Or Maui's saves?)

Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
[Melee: 2 claws +8 (1d4+5), bite +9 (1d8+5 plus grab); Using Maui's stats will work out the same I think with +2 STR]

[Str 20, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6 or does Maui keep his Intelligence or does he now have animal intelligence; Or does he use his own stats??]
[CMB +7 (+11 grapple); CMD 20 (24 vs. trip) or Maui's with a +4 bonus to Grapple and CMB for his legs?]
[Feats Improved Natural Attack (bite), Skill Focus (Perception) B, Weapon Focus (bite) (Can I use Maui's feats as well?? Eg. Power Attack]
[Skills Acrobatics +3 (+11 balancing), Climb +16, Perception +9, Stealth +11 (+15 in heavy undergrowth and tall grass), Swim +16; Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics when balancing, +4 Stealth (+8 in heavy undergrowth and tall grass), +4 Swim (Or do I use Maui's skills??)] [/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 16/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 50/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 49/50
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 20
HP: 34 Current: 34
CMB: Trip/Disarm +7 CMD: 22 (26 vs Trip) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +2

Conditions:

Bite: +9; 1d6+4 dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +9; 1d3+4 dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Wild Shape][rant]It really bugs me that you have to look in multiple places to get the full picture on wild shape. Druid, beast shape spell, and the section of magical polymorph effects...[/rant]

Unlike in 3.5 where a druid used the animal's statblock instead of his character abilities, in Pathfinder a druid retains his own hit points, ability scores, skills, saves, feats, etc. with minor modifications and a few additional abilities.

Basics
Action: Standard action; no AoO.
Duration: 1 hour per druid level.
Abilities:
-Disguise +20 to pass as the animal.
-Attacks: Natural attacks of the form using character's BAB, Str or Dex
Size change: Modifiers applied to AC, attack, CMB, and Stealth skill
Gear: Melds into body; constant bonus that don't need activation still count (excluding armor & shield).
Special Abilities: Other abilities as granted by the specific spell (in this case, Beast Shape 1) up to the form's maximum ability.

Medium Creatures
+2 Str, +2 natural armor

Small Creatures
(Assuming medium druid shaping to small creature)
+2 Dex, +1 natural armor
+1 AC & attack, -1 CMB, and +4 Stealth

If Maui transformed into a cheetah he would essentially still be Maui (uses Maui's abilities, etc. but with +2 Str and +2 natural armor) but with a very good appearance of a cheetah though someone very perceptive may notice he isn't quite a normal cheetah. Maui would also gain the cheetah's speed of 50, low-light vision, and scent but not the sprint ability.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Also I took Animal Messenger as a level 2 spell; a bit lame I know but I thought we might be able to use it to send word back to the caravan quickly should something untoward happen. Good idea, or dumb idea? [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I think its a good idea.[/sblock]

Vincenzo Dutifully leads Maui to his horse.

" I will be glad when you get your eyesight back. It appears the nature around you didn't like it much as you had some seriously bad dreams last night. Sounded like you kept Tanawah up too."

Remove ads