[LPF] Greener is the Grass

jbear

First Post
Maui sits quietly upon his horse. Just in case he says in a low voice: "Taniwha, e noho."

Taniwha sits down on his haunches.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The apparent leader scowls as Denizel introduces himself.

"I don't care who you are, you can take yourself back to wherever you came from." He points off into the distance behind the group. "And if that's your wagons tell them to go elsewhere."

The men behind him seem less sure and begin to talk worriedly amongst themselves. One looks up in concern. "It's not safe," he mutters. One of the men even goes so far as to nod in greeting; Denizel is clearly persuading them.

Up the street behind the crowd a heavy, old man with wispy fly-away hair begins hurrying towards the group.

GM: Denizel has made a good start at making a welcome for their group; please make another check. Also, one of you please make a Sense Motive check. If the others wish to influence the events in any way they can make whatever checks they think might be helpful/useful.
[sblock=OOC]Going to visit family for Thanksgiving and I'll be out for a couple of days. I'll try to be back online by Friday but may be as late as Monday. Have a good holiday, all.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla leans forward in the saddle to get the leader's attention, and when she speaks, her voice is quiet and chillingly even. “I think you misheard my companion, good sir. What I heard was, 'We wish you peace and prosperity.' But apparently, what you heard him say was, 'The angry-looking elf with the black longbow is about a hair's breadth away from pinning your tongue to the back of your skull.'

“So, friend, are you sure you heard correctly? Was it 'peace and prosperity' or … the other thing? Because I'm quite sure that my companions as well as everyone in that caravan truly desires peace and prosperity. But if you are convinced you heard differently, then I for one can be … accommodating.”

OOC: Take 10 on Intimidate for a 22.

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel pauses, keeping his welcoming smile as Sylla finishes her little speech. He slowly scans the crowds reaction before continuing.

[sblock=Actions]Sense Motive 15 [/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 7/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui senses the hostility of the villagers despite his lack of vision. He doesn't understand the words spoken by Sylla but he hears the implicit threat in her tone of voice. Not really understanding if Sylla is awaiting for a reply from the villagers Maui calls out. "Maui hears you don't want te strangers here. Te strangers came to my island and te strangers stole our lands, our women and our pride! Maui understands you even though te crows claws stole my sight. But we do not come to steal. Te crows who stole my sight... they were feeding upon te dead. Te dead lay forgotten close to your home. Murdered. You were too scared to help them? You are afraid! But not of us ... of someone else. We are strangers but not te enemy. What do you fear?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Uncertainty crosses the supposed leader's eyes mixed with fear of the elf. He flinches back from her words and the naked threat. "Peace and prosperity," he mutters but even as he does so his face twists in anger. Even so, he clearly doesn't feel confident enough to act on it and instead turns away and pushes quickly through the crowd and away from Sylla.

Most of the others seem unaware of the byplay between the man and Sylla and his sudden departure sets them to a confused and uncertain whispering when Maui speaks up.

The old man reaches the crowd and begins pushing his way through. "What is this? Northern strangers in Stokennor?" Pushing his way to the front he stares up at Sylla, Maui, Denizel, and Vincenzo. "Fear? Our village has seen hard times, brought by the hands of strangers..."

GM: Need that second diplomacy check from Denizel, and one from Maui based on his previous speech.

- Uthred of Stokennor -

Systole

First Post
As the loudmouth retreats, Sylla regards him as a scholar might regard a marginally interesting insect. "It's easy to see why the caravan burned. There's not a teaspoonful of manhood in the entire village," she says to her companions.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Let the elder speak, Sylla. Hard times can break the stoutest hearts or steel the nerves of the most unlikely hero. Elder of Stokennor, I am Vincenzo del Vecchio, A son of the city of Venza. This is my brother, Maui, Holy man and warrior of the jungles and his companion, King Taniwah. Sylla the great archer warrioress and Denizel, diplomat and orical of the gods." Vincenzo indicates the various members of the party accordingly. "Please tell elder one, what be falls your village?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Vincenzo
AC: 18 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch) (+ variances)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (+ variances)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier
Att: +7; Dam: 1d6 + 2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Current Conditions in Effect: none
attempting diplomacy
33D3DD
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Considering the language you are using I don't think it's unreasonable to call Denizel an oracle. He wears his holy symbol publicly and casts divine spells. Wether or not you've noticed him being possessed by spirits I don't recall.

"Yes, please tell us of your trouble. We are only part way of our journey and any enemies to your settlement will very likely be shared. At the very least we can likely help ease your hard times with a little trade and healing."

Denizel keeps his smile and positive energy in his voice. Luckily the others keep their opinions to voices in his head. That was very noble. . . this is disgraceful. This town will be nothing but a bore.

[sblock=Actions]Diplomacy Roll Coming up.[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 7/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Considering the language you are using I don't think it's unreasonable to call Denizel an oracle. He wears his holy symbol publicly and casts divine spells. Wether or not you've noticed him being possessed by spirits I don't recall.

OOC: ah, thank you for that. my post is edited

Remove ads