Pathfinder 1E Choice as a quest eliment!

Derfmancher

First Post
So, we just started a new campaign where the choices the group makes will be the main deciding factor in how the story goes and even what the story is. (If they go left the fight kobalds and deliver the supplies, if they go right they fight orcs and defend the dwarf stronghold) It is something I have wanted to do for a while, and the party is really into it.

That said I wanted to see what choices you all could come up with for them!?

They are primary choices between objectives each time they reach a new city or town. They can be given by just about anyone. Party is a Large Paladin (Half Giant home-brew race with a large Earthbreaker), and a normal sized Inquisitor(Hvy Repeating Crossbow), Ranger(Archer), Alchemist (Bombs/secondary healing and secondary disable device.), Gunslinger (Musket as there are no advanced weps/disable device.), and Cleric(Healbus/Tank with Good/Heal, played by me when they need it).
I welcome all your ideas and thoughts!

Now, a side question. I have a friend that does a vlog for Magic the Gathering (he's also my roommate) What would all your thoughts be on a youtube channel done by a learning-gm for other learning-gms/players? It would be pathfinder specific, and likely done weekly. I would take topic ideas from comments and such as well as my own mind. I have searched and have not really found a channel like this, but I may be wrong.

tylermalan

First Post
As long as the videos were relatively short (4 minutes or so), I would watch it if they were decent. Longer videos, though, would put me off.

As for the choices, what's the overall theme of the campaign? Or is there one?

Derfmancher

First Post
Thanks for the input on both counts.

Longer videos being anything over 5-10min?

The theme of the campaign is the choice itself, with various themes for particular sections. For instance their first choice was to go face the undead to the north, and that will result in 2 sessions worth of combat with undead.

Razjah

Explorer
I think the videos would be interesting, but you lose viewers when you go "long" with long being relative to the internet age infinitesimally small attention spans. If you have longer issues, you could always break them up into multiple shorter videos. Say something like "Illusion of choice part1" then have part 2 if you spend 10 minutes on this.

Alternatively, podcasts tend to be longer, under 1 hour, that may be a better medium if you find the topics running long.

Derfmancher

First Post
Interesting how this has become primarily about the vlog idea, but that's just fine with me!

As for length, I would be aiming to keep them under 10min but just over 5. Some topics I could indeed go for a while on, and I would defiantly do it the way you recommend to break them up into parts. I am really glad to see some positive feedback on the idea. A lot of it would be a "learn with me" sort of thing, in addition to situational things that might come up in my brain or in my campaign.

I have found quite a number of veteran GM's and their channels, and even their views on PF. What I have not see is a "just" Pathfinder or a "learning" GM channel.

tylermalan

First Post
Personally... if they were 5 minutes, I wouldn't watch them. If they were under 5 minutes, I might consider watching.

The thing is... there are SO MANY people making videos about whatever topics they want, and they're just normal people with their own normal opinions and absolutely no new information on their chosen topic beyond what I could find with a 30 second Google search. So it isn't about my small attention span - it's really about how the market is flooded, so-to-speak. It would just have to be really, really good from the start AND the videos would have to be short to make me/keep me interested. It's nothing on you - that's just how it is.

Derfmancher

First Post
Honestly the reason I am considering doing it is that there are so many about DnD done by vets. Let me restate. This would be Pathfinder only, and done specifically by a learning/new gm angled for other new Pathfinder gms and new players.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases