September: In the Works

Agamon

Adventurer
Really ... wotc should make this articles open for everyone. I stopped paying for D&DI when I realized no VTT was ever going to grace my eyes (about 18 months ago) and well ... haven't been really interested in anything D&Dish since.

It is open to everyone.

Evenglare

Adventurer
I, for one, am glad to see system neutral material being released. At least they're getting some bucks from me for Ed's FR, whereas if it was chalk full of stats, it'd be yet another book my eyes would pass over at the FLGS.

How would ADDING support for 4th edition (ya know, their current edition) be a bad thing? It's obvious they are giving the middle finger to their current edition fans. The exact same crap happened at the end of 3rd edition with the release of the forgotten realms timeline (which was cool) and their Eberron adventurer's guide.

I'm all for editionless books but wizards ONLY does this when it suits them (ie . changing editions). They want to do everything in their power to get everyone to change to 5th edition by dropping support for their old editions. Honestly , i'm surprized that the character builder and compendium are still up . Wizards has a TERRIBLE PR philosophy, and it saddens me that some people don't understand this.

Sonny

Adventurer
How would ADDING support for 4th edition (ya know, their current edition) be a bad thing? It's obvious they are giving the middle finger to their current edition fans. The exact same crap happened at the end of 3rd edition with the release of the forgotten realms timeline (which was cool) and their Eberron adventurer's guide.

I'm all for editionless books but wizards ONLY does this when it suits them (ie . changing editions). They want to do everything in their power to get everyone to change to 5th edition by dropping support for their old editions. Honestly , i'm surprized that the character builder and compendium are still up . Wizards has a TERRIBLE PR philosophy, and it saddens me that some people don't understand this.

Actually, both Exemplars or Evil and Elder Evils had quite a bit of crunch in them. One of the big sticking points for many people was that they didn't want to spend money on books with crunch that would be outdated in a year. It was the reason for Wotc promising full crunch conversions of both books to 4e after the new edition's launch.

Crunch is a sales risk during times when a new edition is on the horizon.

Also, they've mentioned that they want to keep future campaign books light on crunch. They know many people won't transition to 5e, but with rules light books they can still sell campaign settings to people who play 4e, 3e, pathfinder, or 1e.

B.T.

First Post
Ed Greenwood is awful, just awful. When not writing his self-insert Mary Sue Elminster, he's crafting a story about his perverse sexual fantasies. Usually he butchers his prose in the process. R.A. Salvatore is not what I would describe as "great," but he manages to string a plot along.

Remove ads