3. x Does D&D have a "Watcher" creature?

Evenglare

Adventurer
"Astinus
Astinus Lorekeeper is the head librarian of the Library of Palanthas. When Astinus hears of Raistlin, he orders his disciples to put him in a cell so that Astinus may see him "if he has time". When Astinus confronts Raistlin, he recognizes the essence of Fistandantilus and therefore refers to Raistlin as "Old Friend". Fistandantilus created the Sphere of Time for Astinus to view the land and record everything as it is happening—truly, he "sees all as it is happening". Astinus records all history as it happens until the Chaos War, when he disappears. Astinus is believed by some to be either an aspect of Gilean, god of the Book, or a son of his. A legend states that Astinus is being trained by Gilean to go back to the beginning of time and become Gilean, thus entering a time loop."

I love dragonlance, hopefully this can answer your question.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
"Astinus
Astinus Lorekeeper is the head librarian of the Library of Palanthas. When Astinus hears of Raistlin, he orders his disciples to put him in a cell so that Astinus may see him "if he has time". When Astinus confronts Raistlin, he recognizes the essence of Fistandantilus and therefore refers to Raistlin as "Old Friend". Fistandantilus created the Sphere of Time for Astinus to view the land and record everything as it is happening—truly, he "sees all as it is happening". Astinus records all history as it happens until the Chaos War, when he disappears. Astinus is believed by some to be either an aspect of Gilean, god of the Book, or a son of his. A legend states that Astinus is being trained by Gilean to go back to the beginning of time and become Gilean, thus entering a time loop."

I love dragonlance, hopefully this can answer your question.
Does data on this guy only exist in the novels, or is there another way I can look him up?
Does he have a stat build someplace? I'd imagine that since the novel characters are still based off D&D, something akin to a character sheet with feats, classes, and so on could be conceptualized. I'd love to deconstruct his mechanics to figure out how to craft something similar.

Why do you even need stats for such a creature? Wouldn't the Watcher be unable to alter the flow of events, and forced to stay outside entirely? Who would attack the Watcher? Etc.
As it happens, Red Hulk punched out The Watcher once, a few years ago. So, it could happen.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases