• Search Engine

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Publisher Website (not WotC)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other Fan Site/Messageboard

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • WotC's Website

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Heard about it at Gen Con (or other convention)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Gravity

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Migrated From Eric's Site

Votes: 180 63.4%

Terraism

Explorer
jaerdaph said:

Funny, I would have thought you had been searching for "hot Italian beef" and ended up here instead...

:D
[Chuckle.]

Again an aside, would you have ever gussed that "Snarf" is apparently a colour, according to the boards?

Victim

First Post
I came from Eric's site. My brother found that one, and pointed it out to me, but I don't know where he found it.

RSKennan

Explorer
I started with Yahoo groups. From there I evolved to WOTCs boards, and from there transended reality to arrive here. I like this place.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Migrated from Eric's site, of course.

And I found a link to Eric's site in a post on WotC's mailing list (or maybe message boards) way back when (i.e., almost a year before the release of 3e).

KingOfChaos

First Post
I have yet to see a D&D site that lacks a link to EN World somewhere on it. :p

However, I migrated from Eric's site to here.

Last edited:

I came upon the world of En after tracking my archnemesis, Peter Piratecat, across the planes. I rested here, weary from my travels, and the strange entrapment effect of this demiplane has forced me to give up my search for that pernicious pussy-cat privateer.

Wow, 'snarf' is a color.
R
I
V
E
N

Last edited:

Terraism

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
I came upon the world of En after tracking my archnemesis, Peter Piratecat, across the planes. I rested here, weary from my travels, and the strange entrapment effect of this demiplane has forced me to give up my search for that pernicious pussy-cat privateer.
Now I feel bad. I just woke up my roomate laughing. Bad RangerWickett.

Ah hell... didn't read the question well enough... I voted for recommended by a friend, but I really would have to say that I migrated from Eric's 3rd edition news site. Perhaps a kindly mod could change my vote, if that's at all possible... lol.

I did learn of Eric's old site from my pal Ed though.

d'Anconia

Explorer
Yeah, I came from Eric's old site, got there about 6 months before it was transferred over. is there really a color named snarf? [EDIT - I guess there is! cool}

How about Thundercats?

Or Mumra?

Or Panthro

Lionel

Wow those are all colors???

Lets have some more fun

Tigress

Next question - does any random word inserted after [COLOR=] pop up a color? Let's test this out

Google
Georgia
Mountain
OK, so google is not a color but Geogia and Mountain, along with all the thundercats I could think of are? I must solve this pattern. :)

Let's try some more:
Harry
Potter
VOLDEMORT
George Bush heh interesting color :)

Ok how about single letters:
A
B
C
D
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

Ok, it appears all the single letters come out black. How about:

Fool

Well, there goes my double o hypothesis

Let's Try this again:
Google
Google

Wow am I a dork. I figured it out (in case you want to know. You probably don't. You probably think I'm an idiot by now) It appears that an random word inserted between COLOR tags creates a color. Why then does google not do this, you ask? that's because in this sentence right here:

"Next question - does any random word inserted after [COLOR=] pop up a color? Let's test this out"

There is actually a COLOR tag after the word after with nothing after the =. I it threw in there trying to explain myself. Only you can't see it, because, DUH IT's a TAG!!!, there fore when I try to change the color to google immediatly after that blank color tag, the closing color tag is closing out the blank one, not the google color tag. There you go. I hope everyone is as confused by this last paragraph as I am. Thank you and Goodnight!:confused:

Last edited:

Remove ads