• Search Engine

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Publisher Website (not WotC)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other Fan Site/Messageboard

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • WotC's Website

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Heard about it at Gen Con (or other convention)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Gravity

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Migrated From Eric's Site

Votes: 180 63.4%

Agamon

Adventurer
Eric posted to the WotC's D&D3E newsgroup that he was starting an "unofficial news" site. I went and checked it that day, pretty much every day since, and moved to EN World along with the rest of the furniture last year.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
I migrated over from Eric's site, although I never used the messageboards there, just checked the news daily.

for the life of me, I can't remember how I found it originally though.

Liquide

DEX: 4
Oh my lets see if I can cram a long story into something short :)

In the beginning there was only a large darkness that filled my life, I was a young 19 years old AD&D player that looked for more bits that could satisfy my hunger for even more interesting tibids for my all too adventure hungry players.

Then I found a site, a site dedicated to a 3e countadown.
This sparked my interest quite a lot and I started to search for even more information about this so called 3e.

I then trough a search found a place called Eric Noah's Unofficial 3rd edition news, blackness filled with letterings of gold that spoke to me about a bright future for the game I so dearly loved.

I then went to the messageboard of this master of the lore and registered the nick "DCD" and became a lurker that eagerly visited the site every day for my 3e fix and unofficial news.

Time passed and one day I finally registed my trademark on the messageboards, the trademark that I still use today and it is "Liquide". I then one day posted a Prestige Class called the Caledonian Highlander in what was the General Discussion of that time.

A man I have never met then approached and told me to post that Prestige Class in a diffrent forum so it could be better evaluated and maybe even used in his little project campaign setting called "Deamonforge". The mans name was and still is Russell "Morrus" Morrissey.

This Morrus and I then started to talk about this Prestige Class for some reason and for some reason I started to help him out with his little hobby project website called EN World and was back then found at http://website.lineone.net/~morrus/ .

Then a logotype I did as a doodle with the text "EN World" tracing a blue planet was introduced to the site. And I started to build an automated reviews section for d20 products in April 2000 for this lad that I have started to know quite well by now.

A few more months passed and even a year and Russ started to build on something called the EN World d20 system awards, called the ENnies for short. I modelled some award images that CreativeMountain on this board printed out and framed and took to GenCon so the winners could have some physical evidence of the awards they had won.

And as people say the rest is history, since then I have been back and fourth helping out on the site but as it currently stands I have no active role in how the site is done anymore.

And finally I wanna give Russ a great thanks for continuing the legacy a grand man namned Eric Noah once started, and for giving me a chance to help out creating some parts of the site.

THANKS, from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU Russ and Eric.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
I *think* I found ENWorld (back when was the Unofficial News and still on gamespy) from a playtester page on 3e. It was either very shortly before, or very shortly after, the release of the PHB - but before the DMG, MM, or CC ('cause I know I heard it here first!).

I've been semi-lurking ever since; I think this is my highest post count of the various board versions.

But it's been great; it's my home page in my browsers - after all, where else would I want to go?

What I'd like to know is, which would you rather not meet in a dark alley, Negative Zero's avatar, or my signature picture?
shades.gif

grinbuddy.gif

demonsmile.gif

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I migrated from Eric's site, however, that site was recommended to my by a friend. Sadly, that friend no longer posts here, and as far as I know, has vanished from the face of the internet.

mmu1

First Post
I came over from Eric's site - had been hanging around that one since early 2000. And for whatever reason, my account and post count has gotten lost every time the boards moved, so I think we can safely expect the boards to need to move soon after I hit 300 posts or so, if things run true to form...

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I used to visit Eric Noah's Unofficial Third Edition News, and then a little while later I discovered that you had these message boards...and the rest is history. Now I have an exciting new avatar, I'm aware of Nutkinland, I talk to moderators and I read very good Story Hours!

Hurrah for D&D!

AngelTears

First Post
A member from another forum decided to summon a demonic horde from the Nightmare Realm... Finally the rather onse sided battle ending with a closed thread. Most of us wandered back to whence we had come, but I decided to stay.

-Angel Tears

DDK

Banned
Banned
I probably should've answered 'Migrated from Eric Noah's' since that was the site I originally started frequenting however I got THERE through Effie Rover's various and quandry sites and so answered 'Other website/messageboard'.

I was looking for gamer's in my area and Effie's had a listing for Aussie gamers. I'm pretty sure it was through that sites links section that I saw Eric Noah's Unofficial 3rd edition News was one of the most popular and so I checked it out. That was like... 2 or 3 years ago? Maybe less, I can't remember, 'tis all a blur. I think I started going to the message board regularly from about six months to a year before the changeover. I do remember going to the News site for ages before discovering the boards though.

Heh, I just did a quick search for "Effie's, RPG" and found out the site is alive and kicking on RPGHost! Check it out: http://www.rpggateway.com/Ratings/

Remove ads