[ooc] He Chained Their Minds

[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: Athletics is actually the skill used for Flying too (see flying and falling). I can definitely see you using Acrobatics on your turn in addition, but the point of the Athletics check is that you are pushing yourself physically to move as quickly as possible during a stressful situation. It's not just about dodging branches and bushes. However, I could definitely see Vander using Acrobatics to deftly leap among branches and off of obstacles as they happen to get in his way (which might provide a bonus to your next Athletics check as you spring off of things).

Keep in mind also that I'm looking for creative uses of skill and powers to disrupt the enemy or help your friends out, so if you can think of anything, feel free to do so with the one action you get on your turn (besides the athletics checks).

Phoenix8008

First Post
In answer to CFW's OOC question in the main thread, I do plan on trying to use some of Kama'zers powers if possible. But most of her powers are attacks or healing. I do have a couple specific powers I'm going to use once people need help more. Also having my buffer at 4 will help the average in case my helping others with running drags me down some. Also, if there is any one big bad guy I may be able to get rid of it long enough to help.

Son of Meepo

First Post
I heard there was at least one inactive PC in this adventure. There might be some PCs from Knight in d'Argent Manor which just died that would probably be willing to replace them if you are looking in that direction.

We have been pretty slowed down by [MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION]'s Sound of Stone lack of posting in a reasonable time, but I am not yet sure he is completely inactive. Let's give it a week. If I don't hear from him by then, I'll open up his slot to someone coming back from KidAM (besides Malakai obviously, lol).

VanderLegion

First Post
Could I use my 1 action for the turn to use Shadow Step to teleport past the log and use the base DC instead of the boosted DC requirement from the log being in the way?

OOC: Yeah, I'm okay with that! However... you will meet the following conditions for it to work correctly:

1) There must be someone that has already successfully made their athletics check to get past the log and is no more than one buffer ahead of you. (Unfortunately, Ignatz is in Buffer 5 and does not qualify here)
2) There must be someone in your same buffer that either has not yet made their athletics check, or has failed it.

This represents you timing your shadow hopping just when someone has managed to get over the log. Unfortunately, being more than 1 buffer away from you, Ignatz is more than 3 square away from Vander and is not reachable with Shadow Step.

VanderLegion

First Post
That makes sense. Unfortunately it sounds like everyone else has already gone this turn so I'm the only one left, meaning I can't meat the second requirement. Guess I'll go for the roll and get the +10 bonus from Kama'zer if I fail it

VanderLegion

First Post
I guess the other question is can I use Shadow Step on a normal turn when someone's a buffer ahead of me and someone else hasn't moved yet to just get a +6 bonus to my roll (since it moves me 3 squares)

No problem [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]. Go ahead and use Shadow Step on a normal turn when someone's a buffer ahead of you and someone else hasn't moved yet that is at your same buffer, to gain a +6 bonus to your roll.

Remove ads