[LPF] Wreck Ashore

Satin Knights

First Post
Both arrows strike true. As the row boat is disappearing into the black of the night, you hear a large splash. "They're past the lights captain!" "Kill the lights!" In a whisper, "need not be glowing like a target." The forward sailor obeys immediately as this is a practiced custom. Anya on the other hand grabs the sun rod, but doesn't know how to turn it out. Finally, she pitches it overboard into the sea.

The captain kneels down and proceeds to apply several charges of healing to the wounded girl in an attempt to revive her. He is surprised when it actually does bring her back to life.

Once it is all dark, after a slight pause, a heavy splash is heard to the stern. Dwarven cursing is heard as you assume that splash was the next ballista shot.

[sblock=Combat] Combat over, you have pulled out of their sight range.

??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 1 ~ wrapped sunrod in black cloth, searching the other side for any more row boats, non-combatant
??/?? ~ AC 19 ~ Captain IronJaw ~ Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=2)
15/15 ~ AC 15 ~ Anya ~ moved, holding the wheel
6/22 ~ AC 18 ~ Galandra ~ Alive!
..9/9..~ AC 15 ~ Dyre ~ making bandages
10/10 ~ AC 17 ~Umralar ~ climbing down
.8/11 ~ AC 20 ~ Parinon ~
15/15 ~ AC 15 ~ Amien ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~Sailor 2 ~ in crows nest,
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 3 ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 4 ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ First Mate ~

-1/26 ~ AC 16 ~ dwarf with crossbow, black robed figure, sinking above 60%, into the water (1d100=98)
??-16/?? ~ AC 14 ~ dwarf with battle axe and leather armor, cranking the ballista's cocking wheel
-3/?? ~ AC ?? ~ half-orc with battle axe and leather armor, rowing
??/?? ~ AC ?? ~ half-orc with battle axe and leather armor, rowing
[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien suddenly let out an audible gasps and catches himself on the railing. His strained face darts left and right. The night is pitched black with a never ending roar of the seas battered by the wind, with the pungent feeling of salt in the air. He stuffs his sling back into his belt, and then drunkenly slips down to grab his glaive before it slides off the ship.

Taking a very tired breather for several moments while his fatigue wears off, he looks up to Parinon and the decoration made to his armor. He pulls himself up with a bit of a grunt and says to him, "I can pull that out for you."

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra gaspes in surprise as she suddenly brought back to consciousness. She pats her chest a little worried of her wound, but it seems she's waaaay better than she thought. "Thanks, Cap. *cough*, *cough* That was a close call"

"That's... the ballista"
she sits straighter and ask her bow back. "They are still shooting"

Out there in the dark, there's not much she can do to get them.

solitar

First Post
Parinon goes over to check on his fallen comrade and is surprised to see her weak but awake already.

"I dropped the one dwarf in the drink for you Galandra. Mayhaps seeing their partner take a permanent swim with the fishes will make them think twice about trying to take this ship again." says Parinon to the small group that had formed at the fallen comrade.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien walks on up to the other two, placing his hands on his hips, "I dunno.. If they're as stupid as I am, they'll come back for more. They probably hated the guy anyhow."

soulnova

Explorer
"Thank you, Parinonl" she gives him a pained smile.

"Uhm, guys, I think they are still shooting at us..." she said with a stern look at the darkness in the sea. "I rather not stay here sitting ducks, we should move out and put some distance. I can attest that you don't want to be near to that ballista"

"There was a lighthouse nearby right? Could we use the light there to find them in the sea and blind them? It would be a much better defensive position. Captain, is that possible?"

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
The ballista fire has stopped for the moment, but the splash of oars in the water are lost among the sounds of the waves, wind and sails.

"Aye lassie, there is the lighthouse. But, dat ain't right..."
, Captain Ironjaw pauses. "I was going to say something before the rowers started splashing. Taint look right ta me either." interjects Dyre.

"Cut the sail! Drop da anchor!" And with near panic, the sailors rush to stop the boat. "Lassie, there be more fighting for ya this night. Lighthouses use magic, not fires to light the night. That light there not be a lighthouse. And these waters be to shallow to move blindly. We be pinned here til the dawn breaks." As the ship drags the anchor and slows, the weight of the trap sinks in the captain and his crew.

[sblock=lighthouse]The light coming from what was thought to be the lighthouse flickers like a bonfire, and the sweep of the light across the night sea is jagged and erratic. Nothing like the clockwork precision of magic you would assume would be available in a permanent lighthouse.[/sblock]

solitar

First Post
"Son of a demon spawn, this is going to be a long night then. I suggest we all take up posts then, we can take turns resting tomorrow if we get through the night in one piece." suggests Parinon his eyes searching blindly about the dark night anxiously.

WindCrystal

First Post
"What kind of demon spawn are you thinking of, exactly?" he asks coyly while leaning his weapon over his shoulder. He shifts subjects with a look to Galandra with a calm smile, "The ballista shots were starting to miss, that's good enough for me to feel better. It gives me something to laugh at." After Parinon gives his plan to stay posted for the night and rest tomorrow, he then makes light sounds of hollow thuds by lightly tapping Parinon's well defended shoulder with a flicker of the back of his fingers, "Listen, I'm perfectly willing to stay up the night. Just hope my body agrees with me." He was never one to trust his body to do what he wants well when low on sleep, a common frustration he has no way of overcoming as a human being.

Satin Knights

First Post
With the ship anchored still in the darkness, the waves lapping against its hull, everyone is looking intently out into the darkness for which way the trouble will be coming from. After about ten minutes, a signal horn toots twice, followed a minute later with a reply off in the distance. Daybreak should be in about two hours, but it cannot seem to come quick enough.

Remove ads